• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

12 gauge time keeping

Nice watch. So it’s all functioning properly?

No just like the OP, hands don’t move at all. Story goes that the owner had the battery replaced by Oakley and got it back this way. Says he’s convinced they didn’t actually replace the battery but just never had time to take it back the store. Watch and box are super clean, and for the price of $200 bucks I figured it was worth a shot

No just like the OP, hands don’t move at all. Story goes that the owner had the battery replaced by Oakley and got it back this way. Says he’s convinced they didn’t actually replace the battery but just never had time to take it back the store. Watch and box are super clean, and for the price of $200 bucks I figured it was worth a shot

I’d go for a new battery if I were you that could be a cheap fix if it’s true Oakley didn’t replace it.

That’s why I was confused when you said the date wheel is functioning. Have to wait to see if it changes on its own. If your chronograph is working but the hour/minute hands aren’t working, then you’re in the same boat as the OP and your movement needs to be replaced.

That’s why I was confused when you said the date wheel is functioning. Have to wait to see if it changes on its own. If your chronograph is working but the hour/minute hands aren’t working, then you’re in the same boat as the OP and your movement needs to be replaced.

I see what your saying, I meant when I spin the hands to see if their movement was good, the date wheel will click over if you go past 12 o’clock the right amount of times. I can’t tell if the chrono works yet. First step will be a battery this week then if that doesn’t help it out I’ll search out a movement. Still think I’ll be ok. Personally it looks amazing and even if it doesn’t work it still wear it lol

I see what your saying, I meant when I spin the hands to see if their movement was good, the date wheel will click over if you go past 12 o’clock the right amount of times. I can’t tell if the chrono works yet. First step will be a battery this week then if that doesn’t help it out I’ll search out a movement. Still think I’ll be ok. Personally it looks amazing and even if it doesn’t work it still wear it lol

It’s a very good possibility that it’s just a battery if nothing is functioning. Good luck.

9a46ca7ca8befd358785dcdf5d8d5ea0.jpg

Nice Doxa too. I can’t believe I’ve never bought an Oakley watch yet.

Nice Doxa too. I can’t believe I’ve never bought an Oakley watch yet.

Thanks, BIIIIIIIG Clive Cussler/Dirk Pitt fan. Always had a think for watches and sunglasses. Kinda makes sense to own a Oakley watch but the 12 gauge is the only one that really struck my fancy. I was actually looking on Craigslist for Juliet’s when this came up. I saw the blue face (it was in an ad for 3 watches) and had no idea it was an Oakley watch til I opened up the ad. That blue is amazing

Back