• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1c = a Penny

beau1890

Forum Counsel
Premium Member
I probably paid too much for these. Stupid impulse eBay buy. Wife wants something done to a pair that she saw on here. She thinks Juliet's are "too big and heavy".....I told her, her face was too.....right I didn't say that.

Complete set, label was gone off the box and the foam was goop...bye bye warranty papers in the trash. Bag was salvageable. Lenses, surprisingly were mint with no delam or scratches.

Nose bridge is loooooooose!!! Like I've never seen anything this floppy and I've never had my 10y/o Juliet's tuned....let's put that into perspective. Cute kid shot at the end. Gasket gunk you can see in the pic with the kid around the edges of the bridge. It started melting out after washing them lol.

20200619_184146.jpg
20200619_184203.jpg
20200619_190151.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Does she like them?

After explaining to her that the nose bridge was trash and that they would be horrifically loose and not fit right as when they get tuned up. She proceeded to tell me she didn't like them that they were too loose on her head.....smdh After holding them tight to her head, she said they did not feel too heavy. So there's hope.

After explaining to her that the nose bridge was trash and that they would be horrifically loose and not fit right as when they get tuned up. She proceeded to tell me she didn't like them that they were too loose on her head.....smdh After holding them tight to her head, she said they did not feel too heavy. So there's hope.
In desperate need of a tune probably doesn't give them a fair shot. Lol...there's still hope, as long as she doesn't start eyeing your Romeo's.

I got a Penny tuned in the hopes that it would be my favorite pair, but then realized later that regardless of how tight they're tuned, tightness ultimately comes down to the springs 😒

I sold the only Penny I ever had because of the hinges...

If they were more like Juliets, I'd have about 4 or 5 pair, and this truly makes me sad...

I also have a penny in need of a tune. It's so loose that I don't think that there are any of the flex couplers left in it.

That's how these are. But what's left of the gaskets are goo. It looks like they were repined once...badly. Nothing horrible, just some cosmetic damage on the back nose bridge. But the gaskets...good Lord they are a mess.

I got a Penny tuned in the hopes that it would be my favorite pair, but then realized later that regardless of how tight they're tuned, tightness ultimately comes down to the springs 😒

I sold the only Penny I ever had because of the hinges...

If they were more like Juliets, I'd have about 4 or 5 pair, and this truly makes me sad...

Luckily her favorite pair ever was a pair of Halfwire 1.0s. Same type of feel in the hinges it looks like. And she loved that pair. Luckily the hinges seem good and tight still on these.

Whatever you do, don't let her know Pennys and Juliets weigh exactly the same 😂

Latest Posts

Back