• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen Frogskins Original box question?

BoostBear

°—°
Beast Coast
Finally got my hands on a pair of 1st Gen frogs and I'm loving them with the snugger fit... They came with original box, paper work piece and both violet iridium and orange iridium in decent condition... but not great by any means I tried Gen 3/4 lenses but none fit quite right, read that LX may fit?

Additionally I'm trying to understand if the # printed on the inside flap is the sku number; the sku number on O-Review is written backwards to what is on the box... Or did they not have sku numbers back then on the boxes?

Last line of business, did the 1st gen come with a micro bag - if so what would it look like?

1zXQeu8yRQCW3%pLOINvSw_thumb_346f.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 11.14.09 AM.png

xyYBn1txSk+Y4zOyl+xc3w_thumb_3469.jpg

I always thought it was similar to the Gen 2 pull string bags, and this style bag was for eyeshade, M-Frame, Blades - appreciate the info!

Any leads on where I could pick-up 1st Gen lens replacements, do any shops/members custom cut replacements?

You know what, I'm wrong, sorry, @BoostBear, but you're still not right either:

41810818720_ada27f610a_h.jpg
dscn0027c by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

41810818830_965e71b4ae_z.jpg
dscn0024u by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

Sorry @Frogskins for the use of your pics without asking, I hope you don't mind...……………..:behindsofa:

Last edited:
You know what, I'm wrong, sorry, @BoostBear, but you're still not right either
Oh wow! I've never come across a bag that looks like that... I'll keep my eyes out for a bag like that, but considering I'd almost never seen a used pair with a box/paper I think my luck may have run out haha.

I'll give a holler to the two above members mentioned - maybe they can clarify the box sku question.

Oh wow! I've never come across a bag that looks like that... I'll keep my eyes out for a bag like that, but considering I'd almost never seen a used pair with a box/paper I think my luck may have run out haha.

I'll give a holler to the two above members mentioned - maybe they can clarify the box sku question.

Possibly a typo by Dann........or more likey an error at the factory.