• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24K Juliet #44 & 24K X Squared #446 = MIA… MISSING… LOST or STOLEN?

I had a similar thing happen to me with Oakley UK. I sent them a Polished Penny & a Mag Switch (unbeknown that the MS could not have the flex Coupler tightened)
The Glasses were duly sent by Insured Delivery to their address at Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire.

After a couple of weeks I called them as I had no update or them calling to collect cost upon completion as they had advised at the outset.

To my horror they advised that they hadn't received them.After checking with the delivery company who confirmed that they had been delivered the story switched to "we don't repair here, They are carried out in Holland(?) Someone has probably not updated the repair details....

After hearing nothing they then conceded that they couldn't be located and that they could only offer their RRP in compensation. As others have alluded to finding unicorn condition replacements for anything like RRP is impossible. This meant NOTHING to them. After expressing our disgust at our treatment they then advised that we could use a pair from the current range.

I had Straight Jacket 2.0 and a pair of Fives (4+1)

Increduously about a month later I was at work & received a call from a Scottish fella who upon asking my name enquired if I was waiting for 2 pairs of Glasses back from Oakley. After confirming these the Fine fellow duly posted them back to me. Dread to think if they had gone to some dishonest sort.

According to O their (I'm) plausible explanation iirc was that the shipment in Holland mistakenly got mixed up in an Italian shipment.

So we got our Glasses back, Repaired, £450 & 2 pairs of additional Glasses to the good. We beat the system. A system endemically mired in mediocrity when measured against how it used to be.

Latest Posts

Back