• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3.0 Double case

Hi,

Sorry to butt in on your thread, but I've just got a single 3.? Mega tower, that came with no locks. I already had a 3.0, so I thought I'd swap one of the locks over, but it didn't fit - the barrel of the lock from 3.0 was slightly larger than the hole in the door. I've made it work using a stanley knife and sandpaper to widen the hole, but I want to buy locks to for the other holes - can anyone confirm the size(s) of the locks on all the 3 . Mega towers?

Andy.

Hi,

Sorry to butt in on your thread, but I've just got a single 3.? Mega tower, that came with no locks. I already had a 3.0, so I thought I'd swap one of the locks over, but it didn't fit - the barrel of the lock from 3.0 was slightly larger than the hole in the door. I've made it work using a stanley knife and sandpaper to widen the hole, but I want to buy locks to for the other holes - can anyone confirm the size(s) of the locks on all the 3 . Mega towers?

Andy.

There was just a thread on this a few weeks ago. It had the link to buy the replacement lock. Some advanced searching should locate it

This might be it:

Thanks for that link - I'd already spotted that, and a few others that give links to the cam locks - I was just confused that the one I took out of my 3.0 didn't fit in the door of my 2nd 3.? and wondered if anyone could shed any light on this. I'll keep searching.

Andy

Thanks for that link - I'd already spotted that, and a few others that give links to the cam locks - I was just confused that the one I took out of my 3.0 didn't fit in the door of my 2nd 3.? and wondered if anyone could shed any light on this. I'll keep searching.

Andy
Is one 3.0 brown and the other black?

Also, I think that they're both 3.1 - this post helped - https://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/mega-tower-3-1.102187/page-4
There's a sticker on the one I've just got, but nothing on my original one. However, I found the manual that came with original, and its a manual for the 3.1, so I was talking bollocks when I said I thought it was a 3.0.
The only thing I can think of is that one of the doors was replaced at some stage, and whoever did it must have drilled slightly different sized holes to the original, hence the locks not being interchangeable. I'll have to go to hardware store when this lockdown finishes and have a look.
Good luck with your project.

Andy.

Latest Posts

Back