• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3 Pairs of X-Metals Lost or Stolen - Please be on the Lookout!

Funny thing covid is dumb with covid no courier is required to get a signature now days typically all you have to do is get the customer to the door and sign c-19 yourself but lots of couriers by pass getting customers to the door. Best next bet would be to check for similar address in said city which I checked nothing similar and no north or south to get mixed up from what I can see. I would be calling usps and requesting the couriers name. I’ve made mistakes before like turning down 5th Ave instead of fourth or being NE instead of SE but there’s no easy answer so a call to usps and if you can figure out the courier you may be able to find it. Honestly best to go in to local office. Most us couriers remember our daily routes well and would remember were it was left etc. Don’t give up! If it was FedEx I could track everything and get you info but not the case here sorry.

I'm on it like white on rice. I call the post office every 2 or 3 days. The supervisor there spoke with the letter carrier. The letter carrier remembered leaving the package on the porch, and signing for Chet, which was wrong. The supervisor went to neighboring houses to check if anyone had the box by mistake or if anyone saw something suspicious. They also put letters in neighboring mailboxes, in case they weren't home at the time they stopped by.

The supervisor said he'd vouch for my claim, when I'm eligible to file it... because it will most likely be denied, since the tracking says it was delivered. I have to make it clear that the tracking is falsified, because it says it was "Delivered - Left with Individual" and even said that it was left with Chet. We know that this information is as fake as an R1 with spring hinges.

If its any hope or positive thought Matt. I had a pair of xx 24k I'm the mail on its way to here from a seller in the Philippines. It was serialized as well. Of course I paid F&F too. Wouldnt have mattered anyways as he was a friend so I wouldn't have filed a claim by any means. Ling story short...Unfortunately it never showed. Well that's what I thought. Tracking said delivered like yours but no one was home. The mailman did the same thing. Signed for it on behalf of myself. I got home to get it. Nothing .. I looked all throughout my street trying to see if he maybe dropped it at the wrong address. I even spoke to the mailman personally the following day. He said he dropped it off. I checked my cameras on the outside of my place. I could see he actually didn't deliver it. I called and they said I was SOL. So ****..its gone I guess. 3 weeks went by.. it showed. Like outta no where. Why? I have no idea. The story is weird but the moral is that your metals may show. Keep lookin and keep faith. It will come and you'll have everything back. I'm not a huge religious person but I do speak out and pray for things to work out. They always seem to and everything will balance out for u. In the mean time keep an eye on that tracking number. It may all of a sudden change. Keep calling. Keep nagging and I bet it'll turn up shortly. So sorry to hear this man..

Really..

B

Last edited:
If its any hope or positive thought Matt. I had a pair of xx 24k I'm the mail on its way to here from a seller in the Philippines. It was serialized as well. Of course I paid F&F too. Wouldnt have mattered anyways as he was a friend so I wouldn't have filed a claim by any means. Ling story short...Unfortunately it never showed. Well that's what I thought. Tracking said delivered like yours but no one was home. The mailman did the same thing. Signed for it on behalf of myself. I got home to get it. Nothing .. I looked all throughout my street trying to see if he maybe dropped it at the wrong address. I even spoke to the mailman personally the following day. He said he dropped it off. I checked my cameras on the outside of my place. I could see he actually didn't deliver it. I called and they said I was SOL. So ****..its gone I guess. 3 weeks went by.. it showed. Like outta no where. Why? I have no idea. The story is weird but the moral is that your metals may show. Keep lookin and keep faith. It will come and you'll have everything back. I'm not a huge religious person but I do speak out and pray for things to work out. They always seem to and everything will balance out for u. In the mean time keep an eye on that tracking number. It may all of a sudden change. Keep calling. Keep nagging and I bet it'll turn up shortly. So sorry to here this man..

Really..

B
Thank you! I appreciate your encouragement. I've heard similar stories from other forum members, which keeps me hopeful.

If its any hope or positive thought Matt. I had a pair of xx 24k I'm the mail on its way to here from a seller in the Philippines. It was serialized as well. Of course I paid F&F too. Wouldnt have mattered anyways as he was a friend so I wouldn't have filed a claim by any means. Ling story short...Unfortunately it never showed. Well that's what I thought. Tracking said delivered like yours but no one was home. The mailman did the same thing. Signed for it on behalf of myself. I got home to get it. Nothing .. I looked all throughout my street trying to see if he maybe dropped it at the wrong address. I even spoke to the mailman personally the following day. He said he dropped it off. I checked my cameras on the outside of my place. I could see he actually didn't deliver it. I called and they said I was SOL. So ****..its gone I guess. 3 weeks went by.. it showed. Like outta no where. Why? I have no idea. The story is weird but the moral is that your metals may show. Keep lookin and keep faith. It will come and you'll have everything back. I'm not a huge religious person but I do speak out and pray for things to work out. They always seem to and everything will balance out for u. In the mean time keep an eye on that tracking number. It may all of a sudden change. Keep calling. Keep nagging and I bet it'll turn up shortly. So sorry to hear this man..

Really..

B
What courier did they use to ship from the Philippines? I'm about to pay for a plasma XX set tomorrow

I'm on it like white on rice. I call the post office every 2 or 3 days. The supervisor there spoke with the letter carrier. The letter carrier remembered leaving the package on the porch, and signing for Chet, which was wrong. The supervisor went to neighboring houses to check if anyone had the box by mistake or if anyone saw something suspicious. They also put letters in neighboring mailboxes, in case they weren't home at the time they stopped by.

The supervisor said he'd vouch for my claim, when I'm eligible to file it... because it will most likely be denied, since the tracking says it was delivered. I have to make it clear that the tracking is falsified, because it says it was "Delivered - Left with Individual" and even said that it was left with Chet. We know that this information is as fake as an R1 with spring hinges.
“We know that this information is as fake as an R1 with spring hinges”
Very nice said

It's okay for a letter carrier to sign for someone, if they are handing the package to the correct recipient. But to sign for them and leave it on an unattended porch completely defeats the purpose of "Insurance" and "Signature Required".
No it's really not OK for a letter carrier to sign for someone where it applies to businesses. Here at my business I instruct my people to not sign for any letters or UPS/FEDEX letter without my knowledge. When someone wants to drag someone or someones ( :) ) into a lawsuit they shotgun and send notices/"service" to a bunch of recipients. If it is signed for "you've been served" and you are involved in that lawsuit. If it is returned to them unsigned, at that point they need to decide if they want to pay a process server to find the recipient- this costs way more than a certified receipt letter does- or leave you out of the suit content with whomever else they were able to serve cheaply.

Our letter carrier signed for a certified letter at my office ONCE. I found it where mail is left inside our business, drove around and found him and instructed him to NEVER do that again. Then I called the local USPS branch and told them the same. Jeff- our letter carrier- was a fun guy and brought football pool sheets to our employees so there was no ill will there but I made it clear that I would not tolerate a letter carrier getting us dragged into a lawsuit because he was too lazy to find someone to verify the letter and sign.

Yeah I can say I’ve had a package show that it’s been delivered but never looked to see if it was signed for or not it showed up a couple days later. It could of gotten mis delivered and the person was going to drop off and hasn’t had time. Only can hope for the best!