• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A closer look into the new Oakley sunglasses collection

Luxotica's offerings are complete cr*p. I now longer expect any good eyewear from Oakley as it is. I wish Jim Jannard would start a new sunglass company. Or at least some of the original/innovative Oakley sunglass designers. Crowd fund maybe.

Sorry to hear you guys aren't liking the new release! What do you think of the Flight Jacket then rather than the lifestyle models?

upload_2018-5-15_16-4-31.png

As a cyclist, this is actually one of the new offerings I'm keen to try, primarily because of the lens height.
As an un-sponsored rider, if the lenses are not replaceable, my wallet will stay tightly closed...
:crazypilot:

Sorry to hear you guys aren't liking the new release! What do you think of the Flight Jacket then rather than the lifestyle models?

View attachment 475162

Tried it (and also the Field Jacket). Didn't like either. To begin with they looked (up close) and felt cheap and flimsy. Definitely unlike earlier sports models. Didn't particularly "get" what problem they were supposed to be a solution to.

@Ventruck gave (another) great review here:
Oakley Flight Jacket Review (OO9401-0xxx)

Tried it (and also the Field Jacket). Didn't like either. To begin with they looked (up close) and felt cheap and flimsy. Definitely unlike earlier sports models. Didn't particularly "get" what problem they were supposed to be a solution to.
This is the "Lux Conundrum".
When Oakley developed their first few Sportys, they were so good for purpose, and well built, the urge to replace 'em is driven only by style.
It's tough for them to "reinvent the wheel" with better quality at a saleable price point.

I like it however the lack of user replaceable lenses makes them a no go.
This makes me sad.

Last edited:
Back