• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advice on purchasing Flak 2.0 XL prescription lenses for sports

McKayfabe

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone,

I've owned a pair of Flak 2.0 XL with non-prescription PRIZM Field lenses for about three years now, using them for outdoor activities like hiking, horse riding and baseball. I really like them, the contrast is great and they stay secure to my face even when galloping or diving around the place.

I typically use my other prescription polarised sunglasses more and more while hiking to to be able to see long distance views, and I would also like to see as clearly as possible playing baseball longer term, which has made me consider investing in prescription lenses for the Flak 2.0 XLs.

My prescription is pretty mild and I live in Australia so bright conditions year round if that makes a difference.

Prescription.PNG

My questions are:

1) Where is the best place to order prescription lenses? Right now I'm looking at https://www.shadestation.co.uk/ but obviously the better the price the more lenses I can buy.

2) What colour lenses would you recommend in my circumstance?

3) Can you get PRIZM lenses in prescription? I am leaning towards the PRIZM Sapphire Iridium but I have been avoiding getting too attached to one option until I understand which lenses I can actually get in prescription.

Any help with any of these questions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
DO NOT order Oakley prescription lenses. They are without a doubt the worst. My lens all separated within 18 months. Twice.

DO NOT order Oakley prescription lenses. They are without a doubt the worst. My lens all separated within 18 months. Twice.
Not sure what you did with your lenses but my set of 24K Progressive lenses in my Half Jacket 2.0 are nearly two year old and look like new.

Hello everyone,

I've owned a pair of Flak 2.0 XL with non-prescription PRIZM Field lenses for about three years now, using them for outdoor activities like hiking, horse riding and baseball. I really like them, the contrast is great and they stay secure to my face even when galloping or diving around the place.

I typically use my other prescription polarised sunglasses more and more while hiking to to be able to see long distance views, and I would also like to see as clearly as possible playing baseball longer term, which has made me consider investing in prescription lenses for the Flak 2.0 XLs.

My prescription is pretty mild and I live in Australia so bright conditions year round if that makes a difference.

View attachment 907655

My questions are:

1) Where is the best place to order prescription lenses? Right now I'm looking at https://www.shadestation.co.uk/ but obviously the better the price the more lenses I can buy.

2) What colour lenses would you recommend in my circumstance?

3) Can you get PRIZM lenses in prescription? I am leaning towards the PRIZM Sapphire Iridium but I have been avoiding getting too attached to one option until I understand which lenses I can actually get in prescription.

Any help with any of these questions would be greatly appreciated!
1. I’ve always thought Sport Rx does pretty good work for an online retailer. But we are talking Rx lenses and it probably depends on whether or not retailers can send Rx lens to other countries. @Chris A Hardaway is probably your best resource for Rx Oakley lenses.

2. Not even gonna touch this question. If you prefer prizm field lens I would prob get that as an rx lens. The prizm sports lens line is so unique to each person it is hard to give individual recommendations. I’d probably recommend going to an Oakley retailer and checking out various lenses before buying Rx versions.

3. Yes. I have had a set of prizm black polarized Rx lenses now for 2 years and love them.

Back