• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After market metal bands

agentshane

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Fort Worth Texas
Ok, so if you are an Oakley watch collector, there are not a lot of options for bands. Almost impossible to find an un-cut rubber strap, and if you do you will pay the price of a brand new watch.

Personally, I am not a fan of the rubber bands, and prefer the metal bands, especially the Minute Machine, Hollowpoint and 12 Guage bands. The DoubleTap is a nice on as well as the TI band on the auto Gearbox

Wanted to see if anyone has put aftermarket metal bands on any of your Oakley watches, if so, would you share some knowledge and post pictures. Knowledge on band widths, if you have one where you got it, etc...

Looking forward to your pictures, posts and comments.

From your post, it sounds like you’re referring more to a TB2. Aftermarket bands were attempted to be made for this watch in the past by a forum member here and the manufacturing process was either too costly or was not able to be reproduced altogether because of complexity.

Nope, I have attached a couple of the ones I have seen, just wondering if anyone else has done some after market modifications with metal bands.

9D39D46C-85AA-4A55-AE44-B7BC381DD445.png

73C5A534-5B8A-4698-BA45-445D05121E3D.png

59A8CB88-3204-4447-8999-FA11802951E1.png

Ok, sorry. I misunderstood you. The GB you posted looks like it has a holeshot metal band missing most or all of the unobtanium so not sure if you can say that’s aftermarket...

correct, it was an old holeshot band, upon further examination it's really beat up, has been stripped of covering, inside the covering doesn't look good. The other one is currently for sale on Mercari, it's a Saddleback with after market band, looks pretty good. That's what I was looking for, any others that have put after market bands that look good. Thanks!!

I recently bought one of the Chinese versions for a MM. It's getting Cerakoted right now, and I am curious how its going to look as well.
I have made ostrich and leather bands for it as well with the inserts so you dont have to use an adapter.

I recently bought one of the Chinese versions for a MM. It's getting Cerakoted right now, and I am curious how its going to look as well.
I have made ostrich and leather bands for it as well with the inserts so you dont have to use an adapter.

lets see a pic of the band now?

Hey guys, I prefer the metal bands as well, and havebeen chasing for a reasonable price, a titanium band for my automatic gearbox, Oakley original or aftermarket doesn't worry me. Can anyone help please.

Latest Posts

Back