• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

A few months ago I installed a set of Revant Elite Polarized Ice Blue MirrorShield replacement lenses...

Revant do look like they have a great range of lenses colours to choose from. I like their gradient styles.

Anyone compared the Revant Optics products to Ikon or Fuse Lenses?

Agree with OBTH, For the price point you cannot beat the quality of the Ikon Lenses, though I do have a few of the fuse+ as well and love them.

No doubt that Ikon seem to be the best priced out of the aftermarket offerings.

Last edited:
I just received and installed my new replacement Ikon Lenses into my Frogskins LX and Jupiter Carbon frames. Firstly I’ll say they are not Oakley lenses and if that is the quality standard that you want then don’t bother.

The colours were not perfect matches. The Ikon silver is a bit bluer or slate grey compared to my Frogskins original lenses. Not as much of a mirror finish either. The black also seemed a little bluer.

Looking at the lenses, from the back (the side you normally look through) when the light hits them it shows them both to be very green. You can also see horizontal lines.

So after saying all the above, they’re still a great alternative so long as your prepared and accepting of them to not be equal to the original genuine items.
In my case I really like my current frames and was unable to source the exact genuine replacements from Oakley, genuine alternatives in the wrong colour from them were almost equal in price to what the glasses originally cost and would be the wrong lense colour, so for me it was either buy completely new glasses or go the aftermarket route. I’m satisfied enough with the price, close enough match and quality. With a cheap source of replacement lenses it also means I can be less careful with them in regular daily use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted early in this thread but reading where more recent additions are asking if the earlier replies were still valid. My views have not changed, and I also have tried another lens in my Juliets that seem to be very good quality.
In my opinion, and I will say it again, in my opinion, the very best replacement lenses that I have found for my 16 Juliet frames have been the Elite line of Lenses from Revant. Polarized lenses are a must for my jacked up eyes, so I have not tried any non polarized lenses of any kind from any manufacturer. I actually prefer the Elite line of lenses over OEM, I know that is blasphemy to the Oakley fan boys, but it's the truth. I have several sets of OEM Pol lenses that are peeling, or delaminating on the edges of the lens. Next in quality would be the higher end of Ikon lenses, can't recall exactly what the higher line of lenses is called, but they have been decent quality that in my opinion are on par with OEM. About a month ago I contacted Mark ( The XMan) as I heard he was now selling a line of lenses for the Juliets that claim to be Carl Zeiss lenses. I am not going to get into that can of worms, it has been beat to death in other threads on the subject. The first pair of lenses that I received were the silver mirror or chrome polarized lenses and they were excellent. With my eye probably I can tell within a couple hours if the lenses are decent or not. I liked that set so much I purchased another set in the blue mirror. These lenses were also the cheapest that I have tried that worked for me. I didn't care for the Fuse lenses when I wrote my first post in this thread and that hasn't changed. Welluva was junk then, and it is still junk today. I would like to try the Linegear lenses soon and when I do I will report back with the results.

I posted early in this thread but reading where more recent additions are asking if the earlier replies were still valid. My views have not changed, and I also have tried another lens in my Juliets that seem to be very good quality.
In my opinion, and I will say it again, in my opinion, the very best replacement lenses that I have found for my 16 Juliet frames have been the Elite line of Lenses from Revant. Polarized lenses are a must for my jacked up eyes, so I have not tried any non polarized lenses of any kind from any manufacturer. I actually prefer the Elite line of lenses over OEM, I know that is blasphemy to the Oakley fan boys, but it's the truth. I have several sets of OEM Pol lenses that are peeling, or delaminating on the edges of the lens. Next in quality would be the higher end of Ikon lenses, can't recall exactly what the higher line of lenses is called, but they have been decent quality that in my opinion are on par with OEM. About a month ago I contacted Mark ( The XMan) as I heard he was now selling a line of lenses for the Juliets that claim to be Carl Zeiss lenses. I am not going to get into that can of worms, it has been beat to death in other threads on the subject. The first pair of lenses that I received were the silver mirror or chrome polarized lenses and they were excellent. With my eye probably I can tell within a couple hours if the lenses are decent or not. I liked that set so much I purchased another set in the blue mirror. These lenses were also the cheapest that I have tried that worked for me. I didn't care for the Fuse lenses when I wrote my first post in this thread and that hasn't changed. Welluva was junk then, and it is still junk today. I would like to try the Linegear lenses soon and when I do I will report back with the results.
I agree with most of this. Walleva is absolute garbage! Fuse+ are the only ones I've had success with when it comes to fuse. Same with revant, only success has been with elite. Ikon has been solidly great for me. I'm intrigued about the zeiss lenses from mark.

The Ikon silver is a bit bluer or slate grey compared to my Frogskins original lenses. Not as much of a mirror finish either. The black also seemed a little bluer. Looking at the lenses, from the back (the side you normally look through) when the light hits them it shows them both to be very green. You can also see horizontal lines.
It is all great and thanks, but can you please upload some photos of them?

These are my Penny @Linegear Japan lenses, I'm really happy with the colour, price, and the tints:

ED31B0EC-7023-4248-B7C5-C930103ECA8C.jpeg

LG Non-Polarized Green Jade
D889D2E3-FF6C-4D2D-8624-52C66F424FA2.jpeg

LG Polarized Red Mirror
C3979D29-BF0E-4AFF-B360-FD09CB629D31.jpeg

They don't make my head hurt like some of the free polarized lenses that come with some of the sunnies I bought, I don't know which brands are they though.

Compared to the DWP, for me the DWP brings more contrast, and those Prizm lenses really make colours pop but I don't enjoy wearing the same pair of sunnies everyday.

I mainly use the LG lenses for everyday walking through the city, to and from work. I love these lenses! They both are clear and nice to wear but overall I prefer the Polarized Red Mirror over the Non-Polarized Green Jade. I think I just like the polarized + gray-ish tint + 16%-ish VLT (according to their website). For me, the non-pol green jade has less contrast than the red mirror pol. Another thing I like about these Linegear lenses is that they are easy to clean. I have a pair of aftermarket lenses before that requires a lot of effort to remove finger prints which is inconvenient.

Regarding the fit, they are perfect. I had aftermarket lenses before that move around the frame even after tightening the orbital screw.

Linegear's customer service is phenomenal as well! I'm so glad they are around, I enjoy buying rubbers, screws and other stuff from their website. It's just really nice that we can revive these old X-Metals.

Last edited:
These are my Penny @Linegear Japan lenses, I'm really happy with the colour, price, and the tints:

View attachment 554442

LG Non-Polarized Green Jade
View attachment 554441

LG Polarized Red Mirror
View attachment 554440

They don't make my head hurt like some of the free polarized lenses that come with some of the sunnies I bought, I don't know which brands are they though.

Compared to the DWP, for me the DWP brings more contrast, and those Prizm lenses really make colours pop but I don't enjoy wearing the same pair of sunnies everyday.

I mainly use the LG lenses for everyday walking through the city, to and from work. I love these lenses! They both are clear and nice to wear but overall I prefer the Polarized Red Mirror over the Non-Polarized Green Jade. I think I just like the polarized + gray-ish tint + 16%-ish VLT (according to their website). For me, the non-pol green jade has less contrast than the red mirror pol. Another thing I like about these Linegear lenses is that they are easy to clean. I have a pair of aftermarket lenses before that requires a lot of effort to remove finger prints which is inconvenient.

Regarding the fit, they are perfect. I had aftermarket lenses before that move around the frame even after toghtening the orbital screw.

Linegear's customer service is phenomenal as well! I'm so glad they are around, I enjoy buying rubbers, screws and other stuff from their website. It's just really nice that we can revive these old X-Metals.

Nice pieces bro

Latest Posts

Back