• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

When in doubt custom cut out. I havent tried IKON, I did get a pair of the Revant Elite for my wifes Scalpel's. She is happy with them. I thought they were ok. I agree with what @SiRacer420 though. I tried Fuse and Revant for my splinter's. They were ok, But couldnt perform at the level I wanted. So I had @Chris A Hardaway cut me some new lenses for a favorite frame. Cost me more than aftermarket lenses but I know I got the quality I wanted and I feel it when I where them. The Revant, which were not the elite, but one down hurt my eyes after prolonged wear and the color tone and viewing spectrum was not even across the curve of the lens. I found that not to be the case with their Elite lens. So if you buy Revants, only buy the elite.

A plus to me is the color spectrum matching. I like things in sets so buy going the custom route I stay in the same color palette as my other lens sets. And as some have said if you go to the vault and buy the lens you need when on sale Chris, SiRacer or another can cut you what you need reasonably and quick. I have plans for more custom lens on the table for my Square Wires. Looking at you gentlemen.

Thats a Fuse Nova mirror on my Titanium Crosshair 1.0.
I had a set of these for my Splinter's, Did you find the color coating to be thin, when in light you can see right through it, so I was not very happy in the visual aesthetic personally. Love the color blend for it though.

One thing I found with Revant and Fuse is the cuts are never the same 2 times. It took multiple sets to get a set that fit right for my Splinter metal frames. Both companies had excellent customer service to replace them defective cuts sets.

The Revant, which were not the elite, but one down hurt my eyes after prolonged wear and the color tone and viewing spectrum was not even across the curve of the lens. I found that not to be the case with their Elite lens. So if you buy Revants, only buy the elite.
I agree with that 100%. I had the exact same problem.

I agree with that 100%. I had the exact same problem.
They didnt make elite in the particular frame I wanted lenses for, so I went the custom cut route after that. Should have just done that in the first place. Live and learn.

However the chrome elite lenses I put in the Scalpels my wife wears during her investigations are good. Perfect fit and even viewing across the curve of the lens. Still prefer my oakley, but an Elite lens for outdoor work that I know I am going to scratch and tear up I would spring for.

They didnt make elite in the particular frame I wanted lenses for, so I went the custom cut route after that. Should have just done that in the first place. Live and learn.

However the chrome elite lenses I put in the Scalpels my wife wears during her investigations are good. Perfect fit and even viewing across the curve of the lens. Still prefer my oakley, but an Elite lens for outdoor work that I know I am going to scratch and tear up I would spring for.
I think they use the formerly patent protected Oakley method on their elite lenses. That's why there's no distortion across the curvature.

I think they use the formerly patent protected Oakley method on their elite lenses. That's why there's no distortion across the curvature.
That would make sense. The non elite "enhanced" were bad in the emerald green, the color was disproportioned above and below the curve and to the left and right of center. Killed my eyes after a while.

That would make sense. The non elite "enhanced" were bad in the emerald green, the color was disproportioned above and below the curve and to the left and right of center. Killed my eyes after a while.
The regular revant set I tried, I made it out the house to my driveway and was dizzy. I get real bad motion sickness so I'm very sensitive to moving and focusing my vision, them lenses had me loopy AF! The elite, good to go. Crazy what a difference!

Walleva is absolute trash. Fuse+ is good, and I've only had one or two sets of the lower tier fuse give me problems. I've never had any issues with ikon. Linegear is pretty good too.

The regular revant set I tried, I made it out the house to my driveway and was dizzy. I get real bad motion sickness so I'm very sensitive to moving and focusing my vision, them lenses had me loopy AF! The elite, good to go. Crazy what a difference!

Walleva is absolute trash. Fuse+ is good, and I've only had one or two sets of the lower tier fuse give me problems. I've never had any issues with ikon. Linegear is pretty good too.

I tried the Fuze plus. Only 3 complaints, the Fuze etching is to prominant and distracts in my vision on the lens I found. I always felt like there was something on the lens. 2nd would probably fix the first, the exterioir mirror coating should be much thicker so you just see the coating, not the persons eyes. Just from the sets I tried that was my experience. And last I found the scratched very easily.

I feel like Revant should just make the elite lens and thats it.

I tried the Fuze plus. Only 3 complaints, the Fuze etching is to prominant and distracts in my vision on the lens I found. I always felt like there was something on the lens. 2nd would probably fix the first, the exterioir mirror coating should be much thicker so you just see the coating, not the persons eyes. Just from the sets I tried that was my experience. And last I found the scratched very easily.

I feel like Revant should just make the elite lens and thats it.
Hmmm, I've never had that problem with my fuse+ lenses. They're all very 'mirrored.'

Back