• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aluminum Display Case - Polish Product Review

@kronin323 Thank you for this review.

I used the Sheila Shine (Along with some 000 & 0000 Steel Wool) to bring a scratched up double wide back.

I also left a light coat of the Sheila shine on the metals, on the beams it gave a subtle wet/glass effect atop the matte metal.

I did notice after a few days all the extra liquid dripped on the floor. The final coat needs to be very light! :)

35737EA7-2BBB-4A4F-B349-6CB5DDD15B23.jpeg

I used the Sheila Shine (Along with some 000 & 0000 Steel Wool) to bring a scratched up double wide back.

I also left a light coat of the Sheila shine on the metals, on the beams it gave a subtle wet/glass effect atop the matte metal.

I did notice after a few days all the extra liquid dripped on the floor. The final coat needs to be very light! :)

View attachment 558660
Impressive collection. Lol You did a good job evening out the surface.

View attachment 558660

With all the pieces you acquired in the past few months when are you gonna put them in the display case??

Any thoughts on what will restore from that
Same.....Steel wool and Sheila shine did the trick.
However I started off with "Goof off". Really effective product.
Spray it on the affected area first and spread it on the metal surface and let set for some time.
Thereafter resume with steel wool and Sheila shine as recommended by OP.
Had restored 6 cabs using the technique.
Patience is key.

Same.....Steel wool and Sheila shine did the trick.
However I started off with "Goof off". Really effective product.
Spray it on the affected area first and spread it on the metal surface and let set for some time.
Thereafter resume with steel wool and Sheila shine as recommended by OP.
Had restored 6 cabs using the technique.
Patience is key.

Thanks. I will be heading out to get some 0000 Steel Wool and shine from homedepot then to start with to get it down to a manageable surface.

Back