• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Andrew Tater Petterson Frogskins

Yes it would probably be best if they did not say anything. There is too much damaging evidence that speaking out against it only worsens their position. Best to hold the tongue.

The end message for everyone is you cannot buy on another person’s word. A collector with a big collection saying something does not automatically mean it is true. Too much shady stuff and greed in this hobby to take everything a face value like....

Joe Smith and his deception on these painted pairs, claiming some well known false things as in the ‘prototype’ metal briefcases, along with the shilling of his own auctions.
Anton Sy/Dr.Flgd and his recasting of trophies and selling them as real.
BAPD and the chrome OTT that was ironically used to rip off Joe.
Trixte and the well known custom lenses sold as HQ customs.
And many more.

Always take everything with a grain of salt and get real proof what the one offs and rare stuff you buy. Be careful out there, as they say.
Quoted for prosperity.

All I can say is "another one bites the dust"

who's going to be the next popular, long time Oakley Fanatic who's gonna try these scamming Shennanigans on these forums !?!?

It's a shame. It really sucks to see things like this, but when word comes out about it then it sticks around. I've had nothing but good experiences on this forum. I've also seen others have bad experiences. Not entirely sure what we as a community do to prevent things like this from happening as it's next to impossible. Would probably need to start by certifying each special edition pair in existence, in this case former owners confirming the authenticity of these pairs.

Last edited:
Hello @Steven Goldberg! I'm always around. All of the Pettersons on eBay are 1,000,000% Legitimate. I can provide info on all previous owners before me, and they look exactly identical to all photos on o-review, and any photos of anyone who has owned them in the past, I guarantee it. They are impossible to replicate. They all have brush strokes and sanding that cannot be duplicated. Anyone is welcome to ask Tater himself. If you would like any pair just let me know. Thanks!

Also, if you truly know Oakley and how they create all of their web site photographs, you also know that Oakley uses 3D software to map the Photograph of the sunglasses onto a wireframe, so that every pair ends up with the exact same angle and lighting conditions. Therefore, there will be utterly minor variances when they do that for the web page. It happened with the Pettersons, it happened with the 1st and 2nd round Concept Studios that were sold on-line (the Brian Takumi Tie-Dye Pairs, and the Four Project 453 Artisan pairs that were sold on-line). Cheers!

I am a little biased when it comes to Joe due to our friendship. However, one thing I will say is there is a trail for every transaction. He has emails, messages and paperwork to back up every pair. Didn't matter the rarity. Also the flip side would be who would be doing the "copy" If they were i would think we would have been able to out them. That is how Joe was able to out the Fake gold OTT. My .02. I've done hundreds of transactions on here and hundreds more on eBay. I've owned a simple flak jacket to a carbon c-6.

Back