• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any experience with eBay seller make-a-statement?

Nobody has any opinion on if I can pull off Juliets with my huge melon??

You're not gonna hurt my feelings - I can take it! I have thick skin
Honestly, I think they look like a good fit on you! Penny's might be small for you, but I think you can definitely rock the Juliets!

Nobody has any opinion on if I can pull off Juliets with my huge melon??

You're not gonna hurt my feelings - I can take it! I have thick skin
Not sure why you think they look too small. I think they actually look fine on you. If the bridge is tight, and the temple shocks are bigger than 15's, then that would put a squeeze on your head.

Well thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I love the frame (plasma) and lens combination (BI) which is why I bought them.

And yes the bridge is tight, temple shocks 15 - they grip my head pretty tightly..

So I just want to relay this story to y'all. Earlier in this thread, I bought a pair of Plasma Juliets from this seller. Price was a *little* high, but Plasma is a more rare finish, they were pristine, and they came with an extra set of OEM (Emerald!! supposedly, they were green) lenses. Well, if you followed the thread, I found out that Juliets don't fit my face that great - they're wearable, but XXs are a much better fit.

So I noticed that Make-A-Statement had a pair of TiO2 XXs now for sale. I messaged and asked if she would take the Juliets I had bought in trade against the XXs. She said she would be happy to! We spoke on the phone, she knocked $80 off of the (ebay) price for an "off-line" sale, and I sent back the Juliets plus $140 for the TiO2 XXs. They just came today, two days later. While they're not quite as nice a pair as the Plasma Juliets, they fit sooo much better.

She did *not* have to do that, take the shades I bought back in trade. And she gave me what I paid for them. Also, she did the math wrong on the first message and thought the difference was $240. I replied to that saying that was I was thinking, Juliets + $150 - but that I'd be willing to go up to $170 - but instead of taking advantage of that, she told me she made a mistake, and the difference would be $140! This is a good person here. Thanks Deena.

I didn't *request* anything bro.

I left positive feedback on the transaction (Juliets) and had accepted that I was keeping them. A few weeks later, I noticed the same seller had a pair of XXs that I was interested in buying, so I messaged her directly, told her I was interested in the XXs, told her that the Juliets were not a great fit and hadn't been worn and politely ASKED if she would take them back in trade. "Not a big deal if you can't, but I will most likely be selling them anyhow, so I figured it can't hurt to ask".

I've been on ebay for over 20 years with over 500 positive feedback and zero negative - same for every other selling/trading platform I'm on - and I resent what youre implying.

I have only just realised who this lady is, I bought a Juliet off Deena a while ago, Great Communication, willing to work with buyers & although only a box, The item was perfect. As others have alluded to Deena is very good to deal with. I actually don't think she is that expensive on XMetals

PS. Juliets looked fine on you, OP

I have only just realised who this lady is, I bought a Juliet off Deena a while ago, Great Communication, willing to work with buyers & although only a box, The item was perfect. As others have alluded to Deena is very good to deal with. I actually don't think she is that expensive on XMetals

PS. Juliets looked fine on you, OP
Bought xmetal soft vault from her in very good condition. I wonder how big her collection is or where she gets her stuff

Back