• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Formula 1 Fans?

I used to follow it allot but have not the last 7 years.
Should get more into it again.
And I would love to go to a race.

You should! I know they changed to V6 and ruined the sound, but with the new rules, the competition is actually a bit exciting. Of course, Mercedes has been completely dominating the V6 game for the last few years though...

i watch it when i catch it on. can't say i am a fan of any one single driver, i just like all things racing. if i had to pick one it would probably be Hamilton since my Charger SRT has a lot of AMG Merc upgrades on it due to it being cross platform with Mercedes. (AMG diff cooler, AMG C63 shift solenoids and shift Paddles, ect... the chassis is based off the E55 so a lot of the stock parts are Merc parts too.)

i prefer American lemans (now merged with Grand-Am), modern Trans-Am series, V8 supercars, and Nascar more. even though F1 cars are awesome i guess i just prefer race car series where the cars look more like cars than airplanes with wheels. lol.

i use Formula 1 and open cockpit cars on my VR racing simulator setup often though.

Last edited:
Curious, any Formula 1 Fans here? It's more popular in Europe, but figured it's worth a shot...

Having been watching casually for the past couple of years, but started watching more last season. Recorded every race. These cars really are amazing feats of engineering.

Don't really have a favorite driver or team. Ferrari is looking even more competitive this year than last year. Nice to see someone besides Mercedes dominating all the time. Also curious to see how Mclaren does with the Reno engines this year.

Having been watching casually for the past couple of years, but started watching more last season. Recorded every race. These cars really are amazing feats of engineering.

Don't really have a favorite driver or team. Ferrari is looking even more competitive this year than last year. Nice to see someone besides Mercedes dominating all the time. Also curious to see how Mclaren does with the Reno engines this year.

Currently, I bet Mclaren is wishing they stuck with Honda...LOL.

And yes, the cars are absolutely insane. My favorite team is Mercedes, but I'm bored of them winning all the time. I hope Ferrari shows good competition this year. Last year was good, but then Kimi and Vettel ****** it up in Singapore. :(

Currently, I bet Mclaren is wishing they stuck with Honda...LOL.

And yes, the cars are absolutely insane. My favorite team is Mercedes, but I'm bored of them winning all the time. I hope Ferrari shows good competition this year. Last year was good, but then Kimi and Vettel ****** it up in Singapore. :(

Haha yeah perhaps Honda has turned it around this year after seeing them this past weekend. They didn't look too hot in Australia though! We will see I guess!

You have to admit that was wild in Singapore, but yeah pretty much ruined Vettel's chances.

Oh and I must admit what got me to watch more F1 was Verstappen's epic drive in the rain in Brazil 16. That was amazing. He seems to really shoot himself in the foot a lot though, but dang that was a good drive.

Well I’m a huge Formula 1 fan, been watching it since back in the days when Senna and Prost had the lead there.
Of course I‘m a big Michael Schumacher Fan with his 7 Championship titles. It impressed me how he drove and dictated the Formula 1 for a long time.
Since Sebastian Vettel is within the Formula 1, I‘m a huge fan of him, hopefully he can win the Formula 1 championship for Ferrari.
In general I think the Formula 1 is bigger outside the States.

Well I’m a huge Formula 1 fan, been watching it since back in the days when Senna and Prost had the lead there.
Of course I‘m a big Michael Schumacher Fan with his 7 Championship titles. It impressed me how he drove and dictated the Formula 1 for a long time.
Since Sebastian Vettel is within the Formula 1, I‘m a huge fan of him, hopefully he can win the Formula 1 championship for Ferrari.
In general I think the Formula 1 is bigger outside the States.

Mercedes fanboy here, don’t like how Ferrari runs things in regards to their production cars but they sorely need a win and if there’s any driver to do it, it has to be Vettel. Dude is such a classy guy, he even defended Hamilton the other day at press conference.

Back