• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Formula 1 Fans?

Yes he was. To get back in a car six weeks after the fire and still be the same driver he was is incredible.
I said that when Tiger Woods was quoted as having “the best sporting comeback of all time”. Did these people realise Lauda was given the last rites and then won two more championships? Beats winning a golf major after a few years gap for me!

Last 2 races have been the most interested I've been in the sport since forever. I've always been a bit of a Ferrari fanboy, and even seeing Schumacher stand dominant got a bit stale. LeClerc's current rise is exciting. Definitely had to work for that one.

There was the incident with Lewis, and LeClerc's own defense was probably based on the turnout at Austria vs. Verstappen. The flag was warranted, and I imagine LeClerc had to pick a bottom line of guaranteeing his position at that very instant vs. whether or not an actual penalty would kick in. Had he literally tried to crash out Lewis I'd see this differently. There was a close out, but not like a deliberate veer outwards imo. I don't think Lewis was in any real position to overtake. He could've run LeClerc wide on the subsequent right hander.

Last 2 races have been the most interested I've been in the sport since forever. I've always been a bit of a Ferrari fanboy, and even seeing Schumacher stand dominant got a bit stale. LeClerc's current rise is exciting. Definitely had to work for that one.

There was the incident with Lewis, and LeClerc's own defense was probably based on the turnout at Austria vs. Verstappen. The flag was warranted, and I imagine LeClerc had to pick a bottom line of guaranteeing his position at that very instant vs. whether or not an actual penalty would kick in. Had he literally tried to crash out Lewis I'd see this differently. There was a close out, but not like a deliberate veer outwards imo. I don't think Lewis was in any real position to overtake. He could've run LeClerc wide on the subsequent right hander.

I did find LeClerc's move to be a bit cheap but I understand it as he's hungry to prove himself and these last two circuits are the best chance he's going to get as Ferrari's car design is completely wrong this year (designed for straights).

I think Charles paid very careful attention to what Max was allowed to get away with against him and is just now paying that back when the car is in a position to. The stewards basically made a rod for their own backs by not clamping down on most of Max’s excesses so they have to let it slide now. So long as it stays basically hard but fair I’m ok with racing getting a bit physical. Need to have the Hubert accident in the back of their minds though.

Lewis has little grounds for complaint - back when he had about the same level of experience as Charles does now, he used to end nearly every overtake with pushing the other driver off the road. It’s one of the things that put me off him in the first place.

Seb’s decline ever since Germany last year is worrying as a Ferrari fan though. Hope he can get back to himself.

I think Charles paid very careful attention to what Max was allowed to get away with against him and is just now paying that back when the car is in a position to. The stewards basically made a rod for their own backs by not clamping down on most of Max’s excesses so they have to let it slide now. So long as it stays basically hard but fair I’m ok with racing getting a bit physical. Need to have the Hubert accident in the back of their minds though.

Lewis has little grounds for complaint - back when he had about the same level of experience as Charles does now, he used to end nearly every overtake with pushing the other driver off the road. It’s one of the things that put me off him in the first place.

Seb’s decline ever since Germany last year is worrying as a Ferrari fan though. Hope he can get back to himself.

I think Seb needs a car with a more stable rear end. If he moves back to Red Bull, he may get that car. Or, if Ferrari produces a better car chassis next season he will regain his confidence.

I think Seb needs a car with a more stable rear end. If he moves back to Red Bull, he may get that car. Or, if Ferrari produces a better car chassis next season he will regain his confidence.
Yeah, as a Ferrari fan but also a Seb fan, it would be great to see him back on form. Hamilton getting beaten every race would warm my heart!!!

I don’t think it is a matter of a better chassis for seb last year he has the better car he just has a confidence issue he has made silly mistakes to often.

I don’t think Leclerc coming into form and settling into Ferrari seat as quickly as he has has made things easier. But a move back the RB as romantic as it is would be isn't a wise choice for him either as they are clearly pushing Max who has great potential to push the mercs once the Honda engine gets there and I think once the power unit is up to speed he will give Lewis a great battle to become the next WC

Thought Singapore GP was honestly pretty boring today. Besides the drama of Leclerc/Vettel getting switched, minimal action. Ferrari just has the setup on the car over the last few races and seems like Mercedes can barely get in the race. Has been interesting following Reno, always enjoyed Riccardo and it seems like they're beginning to put together a decent car.

Last edited:
Thought Singapore GP was honestly pretty boring today. Besides the drama of Leclerc/Vettel getting switched, minimal action. Ferrari just has the setup on the car over the last few races and seems like Mercedes can barely get in the race. Has been interesting following Reno, always enjoyed Riccardo and it seems like they're beginning to put together a decent car.

I agree, there was way too many safety cars towards the end which killed the excitement that was supposed to build over the last 20% of the race.

I was thinking perhaps Mercedes knows they are so far ahead in the championship, that they can cruise and focus on next year's car design? LOL!

Latest Posts

Back