• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any members work at Chrysler Dealer?

It looks like the retaining clips are facing the wrong side but it is hard to tell in the pics. Pt crui cruisers also changed some stuff in the column in the 2000-2001 and it is a pain to tell what stuff you vehicle needs. I feel i should apologize for this forums behavoir also, the kids get out of hand at times.

It looks like the retaining clips are facing the wrong side but it is hard to tell in the pics. Pt crui cruisers also changed some stuff in the column in the 2000-2001 and it is a pain to tell what stuff you vehicle needs. I feel i should apologize for this forums behavoir also, the kids get out of hand at times.
Lmaooo

He isnt really gay.

Stick around and youll see that @Medusa50 is more savage than the rest of us combined.

The clips are correct since the posts go through from the top nd are held in place from the backside of the wheel. I was advised there is a pre and a post part number. The car was built pre 5/2000 so the wheel i have requires a different airbag assembly. I found one despite it being discontinued. I should have it in a few days and we will see if that makes a difference.

Update. We are now into week 4 and the one parts department person I thought could help screwed me. After locating an airbag assembly in hopes of fixing the car I asked him if he could order it for me and have it delivered to his dealership. He agreed and several times over the last several weeks I contacted him to inquire when it was coming. Each time I was given more and more excuses. I asked a number of times for the tracking number only to be told a few more excuses. Finally I called the dealer in WV where it was coming from. They said it never went out. I gave them a credit card over the phone to pay for the part and the shipping. They have me a tracking number before I hung up. The part is destined to arrive Monday. The guy I was working with emailed me on three separate occasions telling me a bunch more excuses including they don’t ship UPS. He also said he couldn’t print a label till next week. WTF! That makes no sense at all I wrote back and told him I did it all myself. It’s coming Monday. He wrote back telling me he was trying to do me a favor. I don’t need favors like that. **** off and die!

Update. We are now into week 4 and the one parts department person I thought could help screwed me. After locating an airbag assembly in hopes of fixing the car I asked him if he could order it for me and have it delivered to his dealership. He agreed and several times over the last several weeks I contacted him to inquire when it was coming. Each time I was given more and more excuses. I asked a number of times for the tracking number only to be told a few more excuses. Finally I called the dealer in WV where it was coming from. They said it never went out. I gave them a credit card over the phone to pay for the part and the shipping. They have me a tracking number before I hung up. The part is destined to arrive Monday. The guy I was working with emailed me on three separate occasions telling me a bunch more excuses including they don’t ship UPS. He also said he couldn’t print a label till next week. WTF! That makes no sense at all I wrote back and told him I did it all myself. It’s coming Monday. He wrote back telling me he was trying to do me a favor. I don’t need favors like that. **** off and die!
Good move on disconnecting the battery, years ago we had a tech replacing two airbags in this relatively new Land Rover. He tripped the system while doing the install which caused every bag to blow🤦‍♂️ it took a few more expensive **** ups till he got fired though...

If you still haven't fixed this... well that'd be a shame. You could splice the pig tail from your bag (assuming you have the original one) to the bag you currently have - easy fix, just do it correct way with soldering them together and shrink wrapping it, no twisty-tits and taped up garbage.
If you are still in need of parts, I've had great success with Used OEM Subaru Parts Recyclers - Dismantlers & Auto Wreckers I had to track down a center console which was specific to the year despite the other years technically fitting they didn't hook up the same way with the plug shapes, they were one of the few parts people that physically took the time to compare my plug to what they had - just about everyone else just read that generic bullshit of fits 05-09 so it's all good dude, followed by well it doesn't fit because you bought the wrong one bro.

I completed this repair eventually. I ordered a whole new bag assembly too so the entire job cost more than $800 and took more than a month.
Airbags are never cheap... but they can save your life, so it's at least a worthy investment. The biggest thing I've learned from buying used parts is double triple check part numbers along with date codes, then either send that info/photo to the seller or have them send you a photo.

For the most part it pretty much fool proof method, the rare cases it doesn't work is either some minor discrepancy between trim levels, or someone fixed it themselves prior to your ownership by modifying a non-original part to fit. You can usually find a manufacture year date stamped on the part, which typically will be the year prior to the car's year aka 2005 e46 would have MY04, because the parts are made prior to the release of the car.

Latest Posts

Back