• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any other fans of the Timberland 6 inch boot?

Where I have so many pairs of the boots, each one gets used fairly lightly - my oldest pairs currently are from 2008 or thereabouts and are still in great condition.
The brown ones in this pic are one of the 12 year old pairs - I doubt you could tell.

909DB6B9-9701-467F-9047-74A93D7C72FD.jpeg

I'm done with Timberlands.
I bought since the 1980 at least 3-4 Boots. The last boots I paid $ 250, - came apart after only 2 1/2 years of use. Never for work.
The leather and rubber were just glued and rubber broke.
I only used the best leather care products.
Brought the boots to a store for a goodwill request or repair.
I was told that it is not repairable and would not qualify for goodwill. The manager offered me a 15% discount on my next pair of Timberlands.
No thanks.
I'm happy if I can get a full year out of one pair. Lol.

I'm happy if I can get a full year out of one pair. Lol.
For a construction site Boot that's ok but not for a casual shoe.
I wear a German Army boat when I cut firewood in the forest in winter.
It's hard on the boot. It then lasts 3-4 winters.

I have danner boots, redwings from new & old vintage ones from 70's, Georgia, Carhart, Wolverine, Dr martins, Oakley, Adidas, Nike, Uggs and a few other brands.

Here's my POS work boots. Lol. Nah, they're ok, and a continual go-to over the years. The draw was the convenience. I always went to the local Sears, and most of the time, there they were. Oh I've tried different boots over the years. But Timberlands were always in stock, and are comfortable for me. And I liked walking in and out of the store with boots in hand. But that's soon to change with closures of almost all Sears in this state. And that was before the corona cr@p.

IMG_2678.jpeg

Does anyone have experience with the Timberland AMERICAN CRAFT 6 "
I would be interested in how comfortable the boat is.
Are the sizes accurate?
Can it be repaired?
The Boot costs almost $ 400 in Germany and can only be ordered online.
The price is justified for a quality Made in USA product if it can be worn and repaired for a lifetime.
Kind of like a Juliet or a Romeo.

Back