• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Zoom Pegasus Turbo Shield :)

D252F099-140E-47D7-8130-A07983D8FAE6.jpeg

9A30BB53-3037-44A6-9DB4-27D852CCEEEC.jpeg

DC959725-4249-44E1-893E-F0F1C08AD474.jpeg

9FFA3F29-05DB-41C1-B5EA-EBD9B2D5E744.jpeg

New Balance 990 V4 Navy
T4h0xL7.jpg

Was on a trip this weekend. Prior I had a bit of bruising at my heel that I was recovering from and that flared up again as I was on the road all day. This just kinda fell into place.

NB outlet was on the way to the hotel
I was previously mulling a V4
On top of that I was mulling half size down again.
On top of that this was a darker color was I looking for.
And the cherry on top was these were B-grade. Ready to just take a beating and had additional 30% off outlet pricing already.

I stopped by Disneyland and am so glad people stepped on these instead of my Kobe's.

Shoe is much like the 990 V5, with the prominent difference being the TPU collar strip found on the newer model. Apart from the obvious sizing switch, I thought the two shoes felt very similar. The insole of the V5 may be a bit softer, but the V4 was complaint-free cramming a lot of park hopping the other day.

Kyrie 5 x SpongeBob "Pineapple House"

It just so happened I found these sitting in store. No idea how much value will ramp up, and at the same time I don't know if I'm ever going to get into that. I always thought these were cool, but wasn't looking for them on release day.

I've been trying to figure out a second income/grind for a while now, and I see what is possible for me when it comes to possibly making a few hundred a month perhaps, but I think the personal ethics is still in question. I still hold onto how f***ed up it can be to want a pair because you genuinely want to wear it, only to find someone else beat you to it in order to flip it. But then there's stuff like the Off White and Travis Scott pairs. LMAO @ me on the AJ4. Attempted to get it for giggles, got it, wore it, the recent overseas market wave sees it north of $1,000. That would've been a nice pay day .

I might return this. I'm not sure yet. I do have a shirt to go with it.
jrRE32i.jpg

It's weird that I kinda stumbled on those Pineapple Kyrie 5's last week, days after release, but this week I had to chase the cheaper and lesser-known shoe I actually wanted on release day.

(Yes I could've ordered it but I just like getting my sneakers in store.)

Kyrie Low 2 "Sunset" inspired by the respective Air Max Plus colorway. The way this comes together makes it one of my favorite looking shoes lately. Lines flow. Subtle measures for added detail. Each element duals towards aesthetic and function.
SDLgKgK.jpg

The whole re-use of classic colorways was getting annoying to me with the LeBron line, but this one sits pretty nicely for me, I think because I can't get with the Air Max Plus to start.

JapBpzb.jpg
oLhbM6F.jpg

RVM6NUF.jpg

First impressions feel pretty promising over the predecessor Kyrie Low. Forefoot has a bit more space to splay, so the ride itself does feel a bit lower. Laces up better. Layers are used much more strategically. With the base material, it seems like the support comes through the sum of its parts.

Compared to the mainline 5, it feels flat and plain. A seemingly essential needs performance guard shoe, and more so than the previous Low, because this feels like it has a flatter outsole profile. That's the basic tradeoff I'm making out early — simplicity/practicality vs. the standout signature feel of the Kyrie line and its rounded outsole profiles. I'm still not with the use of Zoom when a higher quality or lighter foam setup could've been used. There's hardly any Zoom to feel again. Surely doesn't ride like a forefoot+heel Zoom combo imo.

It's weird that I kinda stumbled on those Pineapple Kyrie 5's last week, days after release, but this week I had to chase the cheaper and lesser-known shoe I actually wanted on release day.

(Yes I could've ordered it but I just like getting my sneakers in store.)

Kyrie Low 2 "Sunset" inspired by the respective Air Max Plus colorway. The way this comes together makes it one of my favorite looking shoes lately. Lines flow. Subtle measures for added detail. Each element duals towards aesthetic and function.
View attachment 670979

The whole re-use of classic colorways was getting annoying to me with the LeBron line, but this one sits pretty nicely for me, I think because I can't get with the Air Max Plus to start.

View attachment 670980View attachment 670981
View attachment 670982

First impressions feel pretty promising over the predecessor Kyrie Low. Forefoot has a bit more space to splay, so the ride itself does feel a bit lower. Laces up better. Layers are used much more strategically. With the base material, it seems like the support comes through the sum of its parts.

Compared to the mainline 5, it feels flat and plain. A seemingly essential needs performance guard shoe, and more so than the previous Low, because this feels like it has a flatter outsole profile. That's the basic tradeoff I'm making out early — simplicity/practicality vs. the standout signature feel of the Kyrie line and its rounded outsole profiles. I'm still not with the use of Zoom when a higher quality or lighter foam setup could've been used. There's hardly any Zoom to feel again. Surely doesn't ride like a forefoot+heel Zoom combo imo.
I always enjoy your shoe reviews

The Nike TN Plus has always been one of my favorite sneakers. I have the all yellow pair that Playboi Carti rocked.

But I like these Sunset OG vibes even better. (Though I think the Nike Plus did it better :(

Great snag. Sounds like you were stoked to find these.

Latest Posts

Back