• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Finally acquired a pair of Air Max Tailwind 4 anniversary edition put out by SneakersNStuff...only 1999 made.

6F180788-B1C4-4191-8441-A0C7883C57D2.jpeg

E325FBD9-5C3A-49AD-952C-D31FC6FB1ECB.jpeg

6D556514-4E15-4D22-836D-A51440FD1DEE.jpeg

Nike Air Tech Challenge II
tMkGpAp.jpg

Been mulling this one a bit and decided to bite as fascination and nostalgia. Unfortunately I never got into the sport of tennis even though my mom, grandpa, and uncles played like every other day throughout my childhood. It's kinda funny that there everyone would deem sneakers as "tennis shoes", and well this is literally the first tennis shoe I have.

The very smidge I know of Agassi is his prominence in the sport in terms of both performance and aesthetic. Unmistakably a product of its time. Colors, silhouette, layering, everything. This is where fascination kicks in because this shoe dates back to like 89'/90', a few years off of Air Jordan breakthrough. In similar fashion, Nike and Agassi kinda broke the dress code from head to toe (especially with that hair), Not long after, the Will Smith was wearing his jacket inside-out at Bel-Air Academy.

I don't know how it really was back then, but it seems fashion statements tied in appropriately with genuine inspiration, whereas now, people only seem to gravitate to things that are different more because it's acceptable or a fake status tool. An odd case of conforming to non-conformity. Sure enough, athletes and celebrities were paid to wear/promote stuff, but to me, the Jordan 3/4/5 and pretty much going forward through the 14 were genuinely cool. I don't think anyone had to really be told something was cool, in order for them to think it was cool.

Interestingly the blueprint of a tennis shoe, or at least its requisites, is very similar to basketball. Traction and containment in all directions. Are these actually hoopable? Kinda. Stiff landing, but anything with this era tooling will feel noticeably outdated. Much lighter than they look.

I just got a pair of these last week. I love them. They have the same rubber as their climbing shoes. It is great.View attachment 667232

those are great. i actually just got a new pair of five ten's last week too. i already have a pair of Five Ten Hellcat clipless shoes, but i am toying with getting used to flat pedals on my Santa Cruz Bronson. so i picked up a pair of Five Ten Sleuth DLX's to try. we got winter early here though so probably won't get to use them till spring.

egege.jpg

efgwfww.jpg

Kyrie 6 debut GR

This line has had the same designer since the Kyrie 4, and supposedly he's been very attentive to feedback on the 4 and 5. The 6 feels like another step forward. Appearance switches up, but the translation to function stays on the same blueprint with tweaks along the way.

Kept the Zoom Turbo with a softer carrier foam than the 5. Upper material split returns from the 4, and the leather on this colorway is awesome. Slightly more aggressive sculpting, beefier heel cup setup, heavily reinforced toe guard. Strap acts as a medial/arch cradle imo, though I share the same sentiment with most people finding it annoying that the hook side of the velcro is on the strap itself so it just snags the laces. Lacing itself is well-thought out as it alternates eyelet setups ahead, under, and behind the strap.

The curved profile this time around seems ever so slightly tweaked again, and it seems they've stepped away further from having it protrude. Still "rolls", but it's different imo. Traction is bananas. Half size up seems totally mandatory for this — coming from someone who sometimes goes half size down in shoes.

Some people may still prefer the 4 because of the cushion, but it's hard to say where the 5 is a relevant selection anymore. I think they succeeded in making later, greater.

zm7vrFJ.jpg

Kyrie 6 debut GR

This line has had the same designer since the Kyrie 4, and supposedly he's been very attentive to feedback on the 4 and 5. The 6 feels like another step forward. Appearance switches up, but the translation to function stays on the same blueprint with tweaks along the way.

Kept the Zoom Turbo with a softer carrier foam than the 5. Upper material split returns from the 4, and the leather on this colorway is awesome. Slightly more aggressive sculpting, beefier heel cup setup, heavily reinforced toe guard. Strap acts as a medial/arch cradle imo, though I share the same sentiment with most people finding it annoying that the hook side of the velcro is on the strap itself so it just snags the laces. Lacing itself is well-thought out as it alternates eyelet setups ahead, under, and behind the strap.

The curved profile this time around seems ever so slightly tweaked again, and it seems they've stepped away further from having it protrude. Still "rolls", but it's different imo. Traction is bananas. Half size up seems totally mandatory for this — coming from someone who sometimes goes half size down in shoes.

Some people may still prefer the 4 because of the cushion, but it's hard to say where the 5 is a relevant selection anymore. I think they succeeded in making later, greater.

View attachment 676388
I played ball in my Kyrie 4s today. Never was interested in the 5. But could see this working nicely. I might check it out! Thanks for the review. Gotta be able to roll on that out sole!

Back