• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Air Jordan XX9 Black/Gym Red

View attachment 739520

Too soon for a 2014/15 "throwback"? Lately my state of mind is chasing decisions I could've made in the past. I still couldn't really start buying much shoes at that time, so I had to pick and choose. Was more on the D.Rose and Boost train.
Alsoheld back because I didn't think I'd do this any justice, and it wasn't exactly beater-friendly in my mind — I got the LeBron 12 around that time and I skimped on a lot of sales/discounts through those years. I found this pair at retail.

Everything I've heard about this shoe, it's not hard to register that it can all be true.
I remember @Jontoad going after the Jimmy Butler PE lows.

It's stupid-light on foot. The knit wraps different than any other shoe I've had, and the curvature of the toebox kinda has an eerie anatomical accuracy — if that makes sense. My 30/31 hybrid, and the 32 did instill a proper "new Jordan feeling", but this and the 34 instantly feel like something else.

the xx9 is probably my favorite of the modern Jordan's. i have 2 pairs of lows and 2 pairs of mids. back when they came out i really did want to pick up that colorway you posted, but i never did for whatever reason.

the mids are more comfortable than the lows since they added a second layer of material in the toe box on the lows. that being said i do wear the lows more because the wolf gray colorway just looks great with anything. the Jimmy Butler pe launch party at the Jordan store was pretty cool, hope he plays for the Bulls again some day.

i did just order the 34 lows in the Heritage coloway yesterday, but i haven't had a pair in hand to check out yet. for some reason the stores around here never had 34's out on display at all the few times i went to look at them.

Last edited:
the xx9 is probably my favorite of the modern Jordan's. i have 2 pairs of lows and 2 pairs of mids. i really did want to pick up that colorway you posted, but i never did for whatever reason.

mids are more comfortable than the lows since they added a second layer of material in the toe box on the lows. that being said i do wear the lows more because the wolf gray colorway just looks great with anything. the Jimmy Butler pe launch party at the Jordan store was pretty cool, hope he plays for the Bulls again some day.

i did just order the 34 lows in the Heritage coloway yesterday, but i haven't had a pair in hand to check out yet. for some reason the stores around here never had 34's out on display at all the few times i went to look at them.
I wanna get on that Zion bandwagon and but the Bayou boys edition of the 34. But I haven't tried a set on yet. Sounds like they are comfy and anatomically correct though.

the xx9 is probably my favorite of the modern Jordan's. i have 2 pairs of lows and 2 pairs of mids. back when they came out i really did want to pick up that colorway you posted, but i never did for whatever reason.

the mids are more comfortable than the lows since they added a second layer of material in the toe box on the lows. that being said i do wear the lows more because the wolf gray colorway just looks great with anything. the Jimmy Butler pe launch party at the Jordan store was pretty cool, hope he plays for the Bulls again some day.

I had the Blue Void and returned them the same day because you may have guessed it: the lace loop. It looks like the lows have better stitching, and I do want to see how that pans out, because honestly everything else about the shoe was awesome on-foot.
Really seemed like one of those shoes that make you think "wow, I never knew I wanted things to fit/feel/ride this way"

25D152B5-3C00-4EDB-B58D-3D428CEE3FBA.jpeg

I love new AM90s

View attachment 740485
View attachment 740484
My sneaker closet getting way out of hand.. I buy on average one pair of shoes a month , been doing this for like 20 years now .. eventually you just run out of closet space and room. A lot nice shoes getting release next week. Hope I score a pair on the sneaker app.

I def don't have as much as you, but I also don't have that same space you have so I'm also stuck on wtf I'm gonna do lol. A considering more pairs get more expensive or just generally appreciate, I'm almost out of thigs to shave off and even give away. I look at every pair I currently have like yeah, if I had a do-over I would still buy it.

Real first world sneaker problems. There's a bit of privilege guilt. I get it, as with any hobby, it's one's own decisions with money. I just remember being a 1-pair guy for a good while, where an outlet deal was a big deal. Now I can do dumb stuff like get three Bred 11's, pick the one looks like it was lacking QC, and then just wear it with the peace of mind how I please knowing I have a backup, and a backup of the back up

My sneaker closet getting way out of hand.. I buy on average one pair of shoes a month , been doing this for like 20 years now .. eventually you just run out of closet space and room. A lot nice shoes getting release next week. Hope I score a pair on the sneaker app.
The struggle is real! I have repurposed a number of bookcases dotted around the house but am still having to use some shelving in my office as an overflow! Should look to come up with a unified solution.

9674FD2B-31E6-4383-8E15-C461CD8A0F74.jpeg
B997CA8E-63AC-45F3-9DB4-BE66847AB9D9.jpeg

the 34's came in the mail today. first impression is they are very nice. people are right to say go a half size up, but i couldn't since 13.5 really isn't a thing for the most part. they are for sure the most breathable Jordan i have ever had. they remind me of the old Adidas Adizero crazylight D Roses since they are so light and they have so much mesh and airflow. perfect for summer.

20200523_141804.jpg

Back