• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

LeBron 17

I actually returned the Jordan 34 because one of the lace loops gave way. I've been reading I'm not the only one with that issue...so as much as I was liking that shoe, and would like to get that debut color while it's still available, feels like I'm going to run into that issue again until a later pair with hopefully some updated QC.

Anyway, the LeBron line, since the 15, has been a casual/comfort wear prospect for me. It is becoming its own obligatory standard issue pick up of sorts like the Kobe and Kyrie lines. Shoes run too high for my liking to play in, but Air and more Air with a soft-feeling upper is unmatched. And because I generally like my shoes to have some degree of support and structure, the LeBron 15/16/17 have been a very ideal hybrid of sorts for me.

So far this is my favorite iteration of the recent knit pairs. Has a similar fit to the 15, but with a padded tongue to the 16 — so best of both worlds, plus more air. I would say that the 15 still looks better, though.

62yBKXK.jpg

l2eJGyK.jpg

tDw2mTK.jpg

6QzRRZz.jpg

LeBron 17

I actually returned the Jordan 34 because one of the lace loops gave way. I've been reading I'm not the only one with that issue...so as much as I was liking that shoe, and would like to get that debut color while it's still available, feels like I'm going to run into that issue again until a later pair with hopefully some updated QC.

Anyway, the LeBron line, since the 15, has been a casual/comfort wear prospect for me. It is becoming its own obligatory standard issue pick up of sorts like the Kobe and Kyrie lines. Shoes run too high for my liking to play in, but Air and more Air with a soft-feeling upper is unmatched. And because I generally like my shoes to have some degree of support and structure, the LeBron 15/16/17 have been a very ideal hybrid of sorts for me.

So far this is my favorite iteration of the recent knit pairs. Has a similar fit to the 15, but with a padded tongue to the 16 — so best of both worlds, plus more air. I would say that the 15 still looks better, though.

View attachment 661991

View attachment 661992
View attachment 661993
View attachment 661994
Great close ups... I'm not a fan of the 34s styling. I liked the flight shoes of the early 90s, but that just doesn't scream Jordan to me. I felt the 33 was a miss too. I hope you like the LeBron pick up. Great knit, exquisite in your photos.

LeBron 17

View attachment 661991

View attachment 661992
View attachment 661993
View attachment 661994
You mentioned the Kyrie line of shoes and am curious what you think of the Kyrie 5s? I thought they were a little too stiff for being a basketball shoe even though you want that tougher structure. Wondering if they break in better overtime? If not, these Kyrie 5 Squidwards will be leaving the shoe rack lol.

You mentioned the Kyrie line of shoes and am curious what you think of the Kyrie 5s? I thought they were a little too stiff for being a basketball shoe even though you want that tougher structure. Wondering if they break in better overtime? If not, these Kyrie 5 Squidwards will be leaving the shoe rack lol.

I have the debut Taco colorway, and the Mamba Day colorway of the 5's. The latter is more pliable, but I've been wearing the Taco colorway more. They do wear in, but if you were hoping for something like the 4's, which had a softer synthetic in the rear and softer midsole foam, the 5's will never turn into that.

I imagine bottom line it'll work for you. It's just hard to tell whether you'd actually like it in the end.

Main thing that I don't like about the 5's, is just that they are an extra step to lace/unlace. Seems trivial, and once you get used to it, it doesn't take long, but still.

Latest Posts

Back