• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Honestly, I completely agree with you. Whenever the tens released, everyone went wild over them, but they were definitely outside my price range at the time. I can appreciate him, but I've never really been an actual LeBron fan, but the 9, 10, 11, and 12 all enraptured me. Seeing as a couple years have passed, prices have drastically came down for some of those pairs. Thankfully the materials used on them have held up extremely well. I JUST recieved these in the mail. I've been considering getting a 19, but none of the colorways have really appealed to me.

Yeah most those came out when I was way tighter on money. I managed to get a 12 at discount. Years later I luckily landed DS 9 Elites and 11's. Also got a 12 Elite at retail. Could never find a DS 10 at retail yet. Stings because I know all these pairs did hit discount, but discount is nothing when I didn't have the money to start.

19's have been my favorites since the 15's. Just rides a bit too high.

Speaking of that era, finally pulled the trigger on the Lil Penny Posite.

This is just brick solid. The upper is literally plastic, on more plastic, and then some inner lining. The cushion is just...stuff, then the outsole. I was already familiar with the Zoom Rookie, but this is something else. The toebox, even half size up, is pretty restrictive. Sad part is I've known this since 2014, but it looks so cool and I had to get one before the glue gets stiff on all DS pairs.

Hope there is some gains with break-in.
20220517_163201.jpg

Jordan 13 Brave Blue Mid.

This was an instacop for me. I always wanted this as a mid and passed on the low. Another 13, basically. My pair seems to have a softer foam carrier, though.

20220429_132530.jpg

Flight Lite II's

Was only doing these at the right price (half off). Being such a cheap shoe, lucky I didn't get a QC blunder. So-so material usage. Looks worn very soon after just putting them on, but it's a cool piece of 1992.

20220520_163336.jpg

Another pair of Kyrie 8's via Nike By You.

I generally was trying to go with a bright palette, but then putting them on I realize I kinda just made myself some Goofy movie edition shoes 😑

20220524_164737.jpg

1653695153583.png

Jordan 1 "Visionaire"

This is a weird one for me. Had no interest when it was scheduled, didn't follow when it was dropping altogether. I just made up my mind at the time that the color scheme doesn't work.

But in person that changed. I think it looks better in person than in pictures, but I still wouldn't say it's a colorway I'm attracted to or would've been looking for. It's just one of those things to keep taking a hard look at in different angles, with the way the Volt color washes into the white. The tongue uses the yellow foam and the midsole is just thrown the Sail color. It's not a mess like a "What The" colorway, but a peculiar combination of colors imo. For me it's like "why the f*** would anyone wear this", to "holy s*** they made it anyway so I guess I'll find out"

The box/packaging like a recent Rebellionaire (I just used a regular box for contrast in the photo), and texture expected to match the Reimagined Chicago later this year, to go with what seemed like zero promotion by Nike, and then not on SNKRS/FLX. If Nike's plan was to draw interest in a confusing shoe, well I took the bait this time.

20220611_213022.jpg

Those look great. How is the cracked leather on them?
Actually doesn't feel as textured or rough as I thought it would by looking. Seems to not really flake, at least for now. Wears and wrinkles normally with wear. I'd say on the soft side.

This sounds promising for the "Reimagined" pair later this year. Just have no idea how water and cleaning is going to be. As much as I like to wear these, I won't wear them quite everywhere.

Random FYI: These also run the newer insoles (black foam ones). I liked those at first, but then my calves and quads were getting murdered after a consecutive long wears for two days. I imagine it was those + the nonexistent cushioning of the AJ1 in particular. At least now there's no adhesive to deal with when swapping insoles.

Latest Posts

Back