• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Visual Quality Difference between Oakley Clear Prescription lenses?

Potsie1

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking to purchase prescription marshal mnp glasses and was wondering if there was any visual quality differences between oakley clear lenses. I like the price point of the standard 1.59 poly but if the the thinner index lenses have better clarity id prefer those. Can anyone offer any input. Its my first prescription. Its a pretty mild prescription if that matters

I'm looking to purchase prescription marshal mnp glasses and was wondering if there was any visual quality differences between oakley clear lenses. I like the price point of the standard 1.59 poly but if the the thinner index lenses have better clarity id prefer those. Can anyone offer any input. Its my first prescription. Its a pretty mild prescription if that matters
The Rx matters. If it's a mild Rx the index really doesn't matter. Polycarbonate is fine... And in that model you won't need the more advanced digital lenses even.

The higher the Rx you'd want higher index lenses, not because optics are improved. Maybe 3-10% better depending on index... But really it's about getting higher index to make high Rx lenses thinner.

See "abbe value" and see "index of refraction" on Google for more info.

Ps- I have brand new in box Marshall mnp for sale, if you want to send me the best price you found online, with a copy of your RX, I can probably best it!

The Rx matters. If it's a mild Rx the index really doesn't matter. Polycarbonate is fine... And in that model you won't need the more advanced digital lenses even.

The higher the Rx you'd want higher index lenses, not because optics are improved. Maybe 3-10% better depending on index... But really it's about getting higher index to make high Rx lenses thinner.

Ps- I have brand new in box Marshall mnp for sale, if you want to send me the best price you found online, with a copy of your RX, I can probably best it!
How do I send you a private message

Hey Chris I have a few questions about prescription lenses for my Oakleys can you please PM me.

Latest Posts

Back