• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone into Custom made knives? (Folders, flippers, front flippers, thumbstuds, etc....)

Hello. My CRKT M16 knife has gone missing (probably in a couch or drawer somewhere), so I need a new EDC knife. My requirements are as follows:
1. It needs to be a folder. Fixed is not an option.
2. Blade length is not critical, but <= 2.5" is actually helpful for reasons. Feel free to recommend stuff over this length, though.
3. It needs to be conducive to concealed pocket carry. A clip would be very good, but I'm not picky about tip up or tip down.
4. I would like something that can deploy rapidly under stress if I do my part. Does not need to be assisted open.
5. The locking system needs to be solid and pass the "smack the back on the table" test.
6. It cannot be overly expensive (> ~$50) in case I have to ditch it.

Any recommendations would be tremendously appreciated. I am aware of how awesome centerline fixed blades are, but those are just not an option for my situation.
Hhmmm, $50 blade

For $50, I'd look at the Boker Autos with D2 steel

Going to take a shot in the dark here, but do you by chance live in either Cali, or NY? They both have $hit knife laws being the reason I ask.

I had the perfect knife to suggest, met all of your requirements, all the way up to the price point. I was going to recommend a benchmade 940, or a bugout. In the $50 dollar range, I would go with a Kershaw of some kind, or just get another crkt 🤷‍♂️

Here's the Benchmade 940....
View attachment 983933View attachment 983932View attachment 983934View attachment 983935

S30v blade steel, ano-ed aluminum handle scales, very reliable, and versatile, locking system. All in all a great knife, with a lifetime warranty edc pocket knife 😉
thank you so much for your suggestion

Back