• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone know anything about this Oakley Ferrari Hard Case? SOLVED!

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Update
Solved - Thanks @Oakley G. This prototype case was for the SF16C.

I've never seen this hard case before. Isn't listed.

Was it sold separately or with a specific Oakley Ferrari set?

Thanks!

screenshot_108.png

Last edited:
That's for the US Govt Contract that covers the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) "Field Gear and Accessories" (Specifically Section 7, A-C).
That is indeed a goggles case, but designed to hold their Rubidium Shields exclusively. It's for being in and near fuel rod pools at inactive reactor sites. The Rubidium coating on the lenses keeps any Alpha particles from reaching your eyes. I doubt you'll find the goggles themselves...they run about 8 Grand.

That's for the US Govt Contract that covers the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) "Field Gear and Accessories" (Specifically Section 7, A-C).
That is indeed a goggles case, but designed to hold their Rubidium Shields exclusively. It's for being in and near fuel rod pools at inactive reactor sites. The Rubidium coating on the lenses keeps any Alpha particles from reaching your eyes. I doubt you'll find the goggles themselves...they run about 8 Grand.
You're wrong. I did find them...and they were $32,000 excluding import duties. Initially I thought they were missing the nosepiece, until I realised that the edges were supposed to be sharp so it digs into your nose to hold them securely.

doc-brown_2261295b.jpg

You're wrong. I did find them...and they were $32,000 excluding import duties. Initially I thought they were missing the nosepiece, until I realised that the edges were supposed to be sharp so it digs into your nose to hold them securely.

.View attachment 304200

No sh!t!!! Excellent!

Now you and @OakleyFrankFMJ are the only 2 known to actually have the RI (Rubidium Iridium) Ferrari Goggles!!

No sh!t!!! Excellent!

Now you and @OakleyFrankFMJ are the only 2 known to actually have the RI (Rubidium Iridium) Ferrari Goggles!!
Except Uncle Frank has #1, #3, and the prototype version with Jim Jannard's signature to match his 3 pairs of underwear.

I just got a scratched pair with the broken arm.

Back