• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone On Here Jailbreak?

What are the major pluses of the JB other than customization? You cant do the apple updates when they come out can you?

What are the major pluses of the JB other than customization? You cant do the apple updates when they come out can you?

And there's a lot of tweaks, especially to the notification center, that should have been there in the first place

No. But other than the major updates 5.0,6.0 etc, everything is mostly bug fixes. If there's a big tweak, someone will make it available via jailbreak.

I've been debating it.

Over the last 2 months everyone at work is on an iPhone and it's getting retarded to sit in the conference room and hear the meeting reminder chime go off on EVERYONE'S phones...

Maybe I just need to download a new sound pack.

I jailbroke my 5 yesterday. It was really easy and didnt require my backup. It just did its thing for about 10 min and everything was the same with the addition of the Cydia app. It was pretty much fool proof

I have been havin fun messing around with some of the tweaks. I've removed all the labels under my icons for a cleaner look. Also can double click the power button for my flashlight. It's also nice being able to hide my unused apps completely out of sight. I'm also using Bite SMS for messaging and changed my default map app to google maps.

I know these are all pretty small tweaks, but it's nice to finally customize my iphone the way I want it! For those on the fence, it's so easy with the Evasion jailbreak and worth it for the customizations.

Found the app I was missing. Jukebox. Music controls in the notification center. It's awesome

9adetypu.jpg

Back