• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are NXT lenses much better than the regular polarizes lenses from Linegear?

Though the NXT lens are embedded (some), do they still have a hard coating on the back that may eventually delaminate (since Oakley polycarbonate is embedded too but has that coat)?

Bought a pair of polarised + photochromic lenses from Linegear and so far very impressed. Arrived on time, (10 days from Japan to U.K.), good tracking info. and excellent detailed information on Linegears' website about the manufacturing process and fitting. The polarised + photochromic lenses are a bit thicker than OEM but are trimmed around the edges to make them a good fit in the frame. I am hoping the thicker lenses will help avoid the well known cracking issue on Romeo 1, also fitted some 15 temple shocks. I will update after trying the NXT lenses for a period of time but so far very happy.
Now had the opportunity to test the NXT lenses in much brighter sun light in Spain and have to say I am very impressed with the performance and look of the lenses. I also had my Romeo 2 glasses with me with original original lenses fitted so could switch between pairs to compare. If the original lenses were still available I would no doubt have bought them but I am very happy with the replacement NXT lenses and consider the performance to be as good as the originals. I also found the Polarised + Photochromic option to be worth the extra.

Back