• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are these Fake Oakley Frogskins? (Official Consolidated Inquiry Thread)

Just bought what I think are fake frogskins through a popular app here in Korea where people buy/sell their used stuff locally. I doubt I will get my 40 bucks back, but I think I can at least get the seller banned I find convincing enough evidence so others don't get taken advantage of. My initial impressions: they look like super cheap plastic. Like 1small step above disposable fork-plastic. Hard to capture in photos but maybe the molding lines along the bottoms of the rims points to this? They also seem to feel lighter than the real ones I tried on in the department store recently but I don't know the exact weight of authentic ones. Also the sku number printing looks like crap. It's pretty glaring if you zoom in on the photo I took. I don't know how convincing this will be so if anyone can find any more conclusive evidence that would be great. For example if there is maybe a way to confirm its sku number is fake or or the proper weight of this model? Any advice is appreciated. Happy to take more photos if needed.View attachment 868426View attachment 868427View attachment 868428View attachment 868429View attachment 868430
These look legit to me. I will say I recently bought a pair of these and had the same thoughts as you - frames felt cheaper than most frogs. I bought them from ebay and had a heck of a time returning them to the seller. Seller listed them as brand new but they looked like they had been run over by a truck. Do your lenses have the 30-year etching on them?

Here's a couple pics of the ones I received:

2.jpg

1.JPG

Just bought what I think are fake frogskins through a popular app here in Korea where people buy/sell their used stuff locally. I doubt I will get my 40 bucks back, but I think I can at least get the seller banned I find convincing enough evidence so others don't get taken advantage of. My initial impressions: they look like super cheap plastic. Like 1small step above disposable fork-plastic. Hard to capture in photos but maybe the molding lines along the bottoms of the rims points to this? They also seem to feel lighter than the real ones I tried on in the department store recently but I don't know the exact weight of authentic ones. Also the sku number printing looks like crap. It's pretty glaring if you zoom in on the photo I took. I don't know how convincing this will be so if anyone can find any more conclusive evidence that would be great. For example if there is maybe a way to confirm its sku number is fake or or the proper weight of this model? Any advice is appreciated. Happy to take more photos if needed.View attachment 868426View attachment 868427View attachment 868428View attachment 868429View attachment 868430
Def looks legit, skus match this listing

Thanks guys. Hapoy tk be wrong in this case. FroggerJohn, yeah mine have a thirty year etching. Does the printing of the sku look as bad on yours?

Thanks guys. Hapoy tk be wrong in this case. FroggerJohn, yeah mine have a thirty year etching. Does the printing of the sku look as bad on yours?
I returned mine because of additional damage. From what I recall though, my SKU printing looked the same

I'll try to return mine just because I'm not into the color. The seller's pic made the appear blue. If I can't return at least now I can sell them in good conscience. Thanks guys~

Latest Posts

Back