• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are vintage x-metal frame temples adjustable for better fit?

Have you thought about plastic surgery?
Haha, actually I have thought about surgery before. My theory is that I am now 33, and even after surgery I will start to develop presbyopia around mid 40. Eventually I will need to wear glasses. So for my case, it is probably not worth to take the surgery path for only 15 years of glasses-free. Thank you.

But a pair of x-metals will be around long after you’re gone.
I will definitely get a pair for collection. Will probably occasionally wear it with a contact lens. I cannot wear a contact for too long since my eye will become super dry. Thank you.

Haha, actually I have thought about surgery before. My theory is that I am now 33, and even after surgery I will start to develop presbyopia around mid 40. Eventually I will need to wear glasses. So for my case, it is probably not worth to take the surgery path for only 15 years of glasses-free. Thank you.
You misunderstood. I was talking about fixing your Ear not your Eyes.

You misunderstood. I was talking about fixing your Ear not your Eyes.
Lol my bad. Actually most glasses can be adjusted to some extend. So it is not a big issue for me, although the adjusted frame will wobble on tables but sit leveled on my face. Thanks.

I have the same issue and found despite the cringing it causes to think about doing this I hold the frame by the temples and twist the nose bridge JUST ENOUGH to give the rubber gasket a dent and raise that side of the glasses. It is easily reversible just DO NOT BEND THE NOSE BRIDGE itself. X Metals minus R1's were somewhat designed to give you this ability to custom fit it. Most people do not realize our ears are not necessarily even.

Back