• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Authentication request

Congrats on the Juliet, quite an adventure, but Jesus pond water in your 68 Vette? I imagine you know about cars, but in case you don’t: have you drained the pond water, added distilled water, run it, drained it again and added more distilled water or proper coolant?
I

Oh yes very aware of the issues of running pure water let alone dirty pond water. I have a 4 row aluminum radiator with large tubes so I don’t anything will be large enough to accumulate and cause a plug. I will be draining it, doing a full flush and running proper coolant with VPRacing coolant additive. I just had to do what I had to do at the time and be resourceful.

Oh yes very aware of the issues of running pure water let alone dirty pond water. I have a 4 row aluminum radiator with large tubes so I don’t anything will be large enough to accumulate and cause a plug. I will be draining it, doing a full flush and running proper coolant with VPRacing coolant additive. I just had to do what I had to do at the time and be resourceful.
Good stuff, gotta respect the oakley dedication lol

Back