• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Authorisation of Other Forum Members to Edit Posts and for O.P. to Delete Posts in their Own Threads

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Don't know if it's possible to implement, but I'd like O.F. to allow members to hand-over (or share) admin editing rights to other O.F. members for the threads they have created on a thread by thread basis.

Practically, this would allow someone to create a thread, but allow two or more other O.F. members to "edit".

The reason I'd like to see this is:-
1. It can be tedious to update info threads by yourself.
2. It's easier to keep info threads updated if there are others who have "admin" rights.
3. If the O.P. disappears for some reason, the thread can still be updated.

And related to this topic, can thread creators be allowed permission to "clean up" their own threads? Sometimes things go way off-topic and it's hard to find the information that the thread was initially created for. It's great to receive compliments (and effective "bumps") on a thread that you've created, but once it has been read by the O.P., it just clogs up the thread.

Practically, this would be really good, especially for the "Collections" area, so that people who want to "add" pictures to their collection can have it streamlined, as opposed to posting 10 pictures, having 30 people comment, and then adding another new pair of Oakleys on page 10.

Of course, there are other ways to achieve this, but I think it would be harder to implement. You could create a "button" which allows only the O.P.'s posts for that particular thread to be displayed. This way, people's post counts wouldn't fluctuate so much.

Finally, @OakleyBoss, is there any ETA on the "quick index" of exchange items, that was discussed last year?

Don't know if it's possible to implement, but I'd like O.F. to allow members to hand-over (or share) admin editing rights to other O.F. members for the threads they have created on a thread by thread basis.

Practically, this would allow someone to create a thread, but allow two or more other O.F. members to "edit".

The reason I'd like to see this is:-
1. It can be tedious to update info threads by yourself.
2. It's easier to keep info threads updated if there are others who have "admin" rights.
3. If the O.P. disappears for some reason, the thread can still be updated.

And related to this topic, can thread creators be allowed permission to "clean up" their own threads? Sometimes things go way off-topic and it's hard to find the information that the thread was initially created for. It's great to receive compliments (and effective "bumps") on a thread that you've created, but once it has been read by the O.P., it just clogs up the thread.

Practically, this would be really good, especially for the "Collections" area, so that people who want to "add" pictures to their collection can have it streamlined, as opposed to posting 10 pictures, having 30 people comment, and then adding another new pair of Oakleys on page 10.

Of course, there are other ways to achieve this, but I think it would be harder to implement. You could create a "button" which allows only the O.P.'s posts for that particular thread to be displayed. This way, people's post counts wouldn't fluctuate so much.

Finally, @OakleyBoss, is there any ETA on the "quick index" of exchange items, that was discussed last year?

You should add a poll to the top of this thread so the forum can vote on you as a moderator

Back