• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman arm change

AndyEvo

Oakley Expert
I have a pair of Badman Asian-fit glasses but don't like the "lack of wrap" they have. I see a guy on Ebay selling a normal (non-Asian fit) pair but missing an arm. Does anyone know if I can (easily) swap the arm from my Asian-fit pair onto the normal pair?

I've seen lots of threads talking about hinges breaking and how hard they are to fix - would swapping an arm over fall into this category?

I have a pair of Badman Asian-fit glasses but don't like the "lack of wrap" they have. I see a guy on Ebay selling a normal (non-Asian fit) pair but missing an arm. Does anyone know if I can (easily) swap the arm from my Asian-fit pair onto the normal pair?

I've seen lots of threads talking about hinges breaking and how hard they are to fix - would swapping an arm over fall into this category?

It can break but unlikely if you’re careful. you have to pull on the spring hinge and depress the spring to get it attached to the frame which takes some force

Ok thanks - sounds like its do-able then.

When I replaced the spring hinge in my hatchet a while back, I had to get my wife involved - 3 hands were required. She did say "never again" afterwards though, so she may take some persuading.

Ok thanks - sounds like its do-able then.

When I replaced the spring hinge in my hatchet a while back, I had to get my wife involved - 3 hands were required. She did say "never again" afterwards though, so she may take some persuading.

I just replaced one in a half x a few weeks ago (same hinge). The hatchet is a completely different spring hinge design

ok - so swapping over an arm is an easier job than replacing the hinge the Hatchet then?

Not saying that. They’re just different. You will need a very small hex key to remove the set screw. I couldn’t find any small enough in a store and had to order it online.

Back