• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi all.

I've been doing some research on the best lenses for fishing.

I've seen a lot of recommendations based on the water type, depth, etc., but after all, they are recommendations.

Real experiences tell the tale, so I was wondering if some of you would be willing to share your experiences with different lenses, frames, etc. in varying conditions.

I live in the Midwest, so I fish a lot of freshwater lakes with depths to 60 ft. I also do a lot of ice fishing in the winter so I am looking for an all around polarized lens that will help me in both hard and open water situations.

I am contemplating the deep water lenses. What are your thoughts or experiences with these lenses?

I'm going to go ahead and recommend the more bronze based prizm shallow water polarized lens!

Everyone likes different frames, getting one that fits your face well is a must.

Is really recommend checking out the flak jacket xlj. The coverage is great on most people. The polarized lenses block glare, but also improve contrast on hazy days. Or in fog and changing conditions these will be king.

Back