• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best curvature for straight stems

aWintersTale

Oakley Beginner
I received my first Oakley's, the Crosslink fitted with prescription lenses. The straight stem is interesting! With the ability to maintain a grip through skin contact, my question is, what is the recommended "bend" to the stem, that most have agreed upon? I tried the uniform curve, but it pushes the top of my ear out. How about the slight "S" where the end of the stem that contacts the head is relatively parallel to the head.

I received my first Oakley's, the Crosslink fitted with prescription lenses. The straight stem is interesting! With the ability to maintain a grip through skin contact, my question is, what is the recommended "bend" to the stem, that most have agreed upon? I tried the uniform curve, but it pushes the top of my ear out. How about the slight "S" where the end of the stem that contacts the head is relatively parallel to the head.

The stems are supposed to hold on to your head by friction, not pressure. That is to say they should follow the curve of your skull, touching it along as much of the length as possible but without applying too much inward pressure.

If you put too much of a bend at the tip in an effort to get it to lock into your skull, it will often push the rest of the temple away from your head, pushing out your ears as you describe. Then you end up with it being held just by pressure at the tips, which will be painful.

Thank you. I notice that the overall lightness engineered into the frame benefits by having friction, and not pressure (like you indicated), as part of the frame's fit. Funny how I need to hold my ear in place while pushing the stem back along the ear. But once I do that for both sides, the friction maintains the right position on my noggin. The Crosslink is sweet.

The Oakley Product line in general has been really good to me. I bought a couple of Oakley glasses for myself and I love them. They fit comfortably and look great. Their polarized lenses are also really good when I'm outdoors. They cut through the glare pretty well making things a little more sharp. Sure they are a bit more pricey but I havent found a pair of glasses that fit the way they did. Everyone is willing to spend that "extra" money on stuff they love whether its super useful or not.

The Oakley Product line in general has been really good to me. I bought a couple of Oakley glasses for myself and I love them. They fit comfortably and look great. Their polarized lenses are also really good when I'm outdoors. They cut through the glare pretty well making things a little more sharp. Sure they are a bit more pricey but I havent found a pair of glasses that fit the way they did. Everyone is willing to spend that "extra" money on stuff they love whether its super useful or not.
Welcome

Well said.

Latest Posts

Back