• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

šŸ¦˜Best Parenting Tips?

Added

Nailed it. Hope they appreciate the gift you gave them.

I would imagine, that as a non-biological parent, itā€™s even tougher, because someone else may have already had a more positive/more negative influence, and there might even be more questions as to your motives at times.

Most of the time, and others in hind sight, I am appreciated. You take the good with the bad. It was very rare I heard ā€œyouā€™re not my fatherā€ and common to hear that ā€œyouā€™re one of my parentsā€ so I think I have ended up ahead.

Just as everything in life, it is about playing the long game, and keeping the end state in mind.

And I think you are going to do great with your own new life project. šŸ˜

-Buy diapers from different manufacturers. Inexpensive diaper during the day an more expensive diaper for the night.
The different fit prevents pressure points and rashes on the skin.
Also change diapers immediately and not half an hour later when it suits you better.
The world has to wait if your baby needs you.

-Don't even have Baby powder in the house.
The extremely fine dust damages the lungs when you inhale the powder. The powder has 0% benefit for babies.
My friend's son almost died from getting his hands on the baby powder bottle. He poured the powder on his face and inhaled it. He could only be saved because the hospital did a lung lavage.

-Teach the mother not to make any eye contact or talking to the baby at night while changing diapers or feeding.
Very difficult for the mother.
You should also dim the light.
Babies learn very quickly that there is no play at night.

-Diaper changing tables are death traps. Don't even bother buying one. Safest place to change Diapers is on the floor. Phones or doors bells only ring while mothers change diapers. Mothers react to that by only turning around for a second and baby's drop 3 feet to the ground.

- Never close the door to the room where the baby sleeps.
They adapt very quickly to all kinds of noises and still sleep even if you vacuum clean the house.

Last edited:
51869709968_6ba0eda685_z.jpg

I have two girls in college, but will not pretend to be any kind of parenting expert. All I can say is just show your kid lots of love, caring, and understanding.

-Buy diapers from different manufacturers. Inexpensive diaper during the day an more expensive diaper for the night.
The different fit prevents pressure points and rashes on the skin.
Also change diapers immediately and not half an hour later when it suits you better.
The world has to wait if your baby needs you.

-Don't even have Baby powder in the house.
The extremely fine dust damages the lungs when you inhale the powder. The powder has 0% benefit for babies.
My friend's son almost died from getting his hands on the baby powder bottle. He poured the powder on his face and inhaled it. He could only be saved because the hospital did a lung lavage.

-Teach the mother not to make any eye contact or talking to the baby at night while changing diapers or feeding.
Very difficult for the mother.
You should also dim the light.
Babies learn very quickly that there is no play at night.

-Diaper changing tables are death traps. Don't even bother buying one. Safest place to change Diapers is on the floor. Phones or doors bells only ring while mothers change diapers. Mothers react to that by only turning around for a second and baby's drop 3 feet to the ground.

- Never close the door to the room where the baby sleeps.
They adapt very quickly to all kinds of noises and still sleep even if you vacuum the house.
Great tips!

Make time for your children.

I had a rule, that no matter what I was doing, if our son asked me to read a book or tell him a story, when he was little, he received my undivided attention.

Our son has asked me to drive with him on every move he's made since he went away to college. Windshield time is incredible !!!

We've had some of the best times of our lives on very long drives ( Pensylvania to Alabama, Pennsylvania to Colorado and South Florida to Arizona ).

I'm lucky to work for a family owned company that has allowed me to repeatedly take time off to help him, despite it being during " busy season ".

Make time for your children.

I had a rule, that no matter what I was doing, if our son asked me to read a book or tell him a story, when he was little, he received my undivided attention.

Our son has asked me to drive with him on every move he's made since he went away to college. Windshield time is incredible !!!

We've had some of the best times of our lives on very long drives ( Pensylvania to Alabama, Pennsylvania to Colorado and South Florida to Arizona ).

I'm lucky to work for a family owned company that has allowed me to repeatedly take time off to help him, despite it being during " busy season ".
I agree, time is the resource they require the most. Driving long distances, though, thatā€™s a double edged sword. My brother and I almost ceased being family in Oklahoma one time lol

Back