• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blocking

Oaks 'Between The Hedges'

The OF Boogeyman 👹
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I'm getting notifications from threads that I had previously posted in but apparently the op blocked me so now I dont have access to. How does one unsubscribe from a thread that they no longer have access to? Also, a perk of a premium membership is the ability to moderate your posts indefinitely, but how does one moderate their posts that they no longer have access to because someone blocked them? Why would a non-premium membership have a perk that would usurp the perk of a premium membership??

Would also be nice to know how this would still be considered a benefit if it's no longer even possible....
Screenshot_20201010-153127_Chrome.jpg

I'm getting notifications from threads that I had previously posted in but apparently the op blocked me so now I dont have access to. How does one unsubscribe from a thread that they no longer have access to? Also, a perk of a premium membership is the ability to moderate your posts indefinitely, but how does one moderate their posts that they no longer have access to because someone blocked them? Why would a non-premium membership have a perk that would usurp the perk of a premium membership??

To not receive notfications from a thread, click the "Unwatch" button at the top of the thread. This is likely what is occurring here. Have heard some similar stories around notifications in general on blocking and am looking into it a bit more.

Would also be nice to know how this would still be considered a benefit if it's no longer even possible....
View attachment 798326

This is still a benefit. Premium Members can still edit their own posts forever. Believe this comment may stem from members wanting to edit their post in a thread they locked, this is by design. A locked thread is exactly that locked. To want to change it means it should be unlocked. If you could edit a locked thread well then it wouldn't be locked.

To not receive notfications from a thread, click the "Unwatch" button at the top of the thread. This is likely what is occurring here. Have heard some similar stories around notifications in general on blocking and am looking into it a bit more.

This is still a benefit. Premium Members can still edit their own posts forever. Believe this comment may stem from members wanting to edit their post in a thread they locked, this is by design. A locked thread is exactly that locked. To want to change it means it should be unlocked. If you could edit a locked thread well then it wouldn't be locked.
No, you can't even see threads if the op has you blocked, thus there is no access to the unsubscribe button, nor any of your previous posts.

You gotta fix some stuff! It can't be a benefit if you can't even access your own content!

Back