• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bourbon

Some picks from the AL Limited Release day. It was like a party at 0800 in the parking lot

j 2019-11-11 001.jpg

j 2019-11-11 004.jpg

j 2019-11-11 005.jpg

In the Cabinet currently, I have Eagle Rare (ABC Select), Buffalo trace and Larceny as everyday go to easy drinks. i have a Blantons, Angles Envy, Clyde Mays 92, and Clyde Mays Al Whiskey (Probably my Favorite) and for those of you that know how the limited releases go I won a spot in this years and got a Stagg Jr., Henry McKenna BIB, a Cask strength Clyde Mays Al Whiskey, a Cask strength Clyde Mays Bourbon, and a George T Stagg.

How do you like the Stagg?

In the Cabinet currently, I have Eagle Rare (ABC Select), Buffalo trace and Larceny as everyday go to easy drinks. i have a Blantons, Angles Envy, Clyde Mays 92, and Clyde Mays Al Whiskey (Probably my Favorite) and for those of you that know how the limited releases go I won a spot in this years and got a Stagg Jr., Henry McKenna BIB, a Cask strength Clyde Mays Al Whiskey, a Cask strength Clyde Mays Bourbon, and a George T Stagg.

Do they have certain bottles reserved based on the spot/position you win or do you just pick from what’s available when you get to the counter? Also, was it a one bottle limit of each release type?

How do you like the Stagg?
It is smoother than Stagg Jr. and more complex in flavors. Pretty sweet through-out but still with a good bit of charcoal. I enjoyed it, but the next time I pour glass I will probably add some water.

Do they have certain bottles reserved based on the spot/position you win or do you just pick from what’s available when you get to the counter? Also, was it a one bottle limit of each release type?
They have everything laid out on tables based on rarity with certain limits of how many you are allowed to buy from each table. So you get what ever is left based on you number in line.

Stagg is very dangerous. I remember someone once telling me, "if Satan drank bourbon, he would drink Stagg"
That's how I feel about Bullet. I was not impressed and it burned no matter how I took it. But I liked the Stagg.

No, I love the stagg. It can be dangerous as it is sooo strong. First time I had it I wasn't crazy about it. Walked away angry I spent $80 on a bottle 2x. Put my kids to bed and came back 20 minutes later and the ice had melted slightly. What a difference! It was heaven!

No, I love the stagg. It can be dangerous as it is sooo strong. First time I had it I wasn't crazy about it. Walked away angry I spent $80 on a bottle 2x. Put my kids to bed and came back 20 minutes later and the ice had melted slightly. What a difference! It was heaven!
Can you get me a couple of them $80 bottles?

Latest Posts

Back