• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Brand new Sutro Custom sunglasses where the lens doesn't fit properly :-(

I have to be honest, the feel of the frames was not up there with my monster pups from 2011, and bottle caps and radar locks from not long after, as well as a couple of pairs of half jackets, and a pair of split jackets.

Maybe the quality has gone downhill :-(

I have to be honest, the feel of the frames was not up there with my monster pups from 2011, and bottle caps and radar locks from not long after, as well as a couple of pairs of half jackets, and a pair of split jackets.

Yes!

Except for Flak 2.0s and racing jackets. Those are still pretty good

Customer service also....

I dunno if I agree with bad service. I got a free pair of sunglasses via email. Only took 1 photo and a nice email just letting them know there was a defect. Wasn't looking for anything really.

That's too bad you only got a refund. I had an opposite experience lately. I bought a pair of Targetline glasses at 50% off that arrived with a blemished lens. Contacted Oakley via email, they refunded me my money and told me to keep the glasses. Who would say no to that offer?
I believe yours to be the exception to Oakley's customer service as of late, not the rule. I'm sure there are many more horror stories than those like yours :(

Yep it was unfortunate to say the least, I think there is some weirdness with their crm system as I e-mailed them to say I wanted to return the earsocks I had bought at the same time, as I was planning to try and get them to fit the Sutro arms if they were slippy, but had held onto them as I was expecting a new pair to be sent.

I received two automated e-mails, one giving me a RMA number, and one sent 15 minutes later telling me they were unable to process my return :rolleyes:

So something quite amiss.

As I think I said, last time I dealt with them they were exemplary, I'm pretty sure I dealt with the same lady throughout, and we may even have had a concersation over the phone.
I had the impression she 'owned' the issue, and was going to see it through to resolution.
It looks like they have cut back on that aspect of things (I guess it does not in theory bring the money in) and are trying to let mumtiple individuals deal with tickets - the issue being you can get varied quality of service depending on who you end up dealing with.

The worst part for me was complete lack of communication - just huge gaps with zero updates, and when I enquired, the responses were unclear and confusing.

In my last message I said I would prefer to wait for a replacement if they were currently out of stock, but either they ignored that part, or I'm not sure what happened, as they just decided to refund.

I say customer service doesn't in theory bring in business, but after my first experience, I was a devoted Oakly customer, they looked after me well, and resolved the issue, and I was really pleased - I continued to shop and would recommend them to my friends and people on forums.
After this one though, I'm going to struggle to come back to them I think, at least for any of the custom offerings.

Back