• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold C Six Carbon Fiber #97/250

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go....again.....snap...
GLWS.

Some people reacted to this post.
all due respect to the seller. This is a group of enthusiasts. Don’t shoot for the moon here. That’s what ebay is for and expect to pay 13 percent on top of your final sale.

You clearly haven’t done any research to post these prices.

New sets have sold around 8-10,000 here

Without box, used. Your in quite a different ball game

Last edited:
I'll trade you for a brand new, 1 of 1, limited edition Oakley Shark Sugender!

IMG_20190907_183813.jpg

If you have proof of being the original owner, I would contact Oakley customer services regarding the lenses - I am sure they were offering a lifetime replacement policy on lenses...

Having said that, they are a discontinued item but it may be worth a try.

I fixed both your threads with your proper images for each.

Good luck with your sale.

Username Hidden said:
If you have proof of being the original owner, I would contact Oakley customer services regarding the lenses - I am sure they were offering a lifetime replacement policy on lenses...

Having said that, they are a discontinued item but it may be worth a try.
I was at HQ with my C-Six, because I've heard they change the lenses for free (lifetime replacement policy). That's just not true. They don't. They gave me another used set of lenses, which was just in better shape than the mounted set. They said, they don't have any new or spare lens sets anymore. That was in 2016...

Username Hidden said:
I was at HQ with my C-Six, because I've heard they change the lenses for free (lifetime replacement policy). That's just not true. They don't. They gave me another used set of lenses, which was just in better shape than the mounted set. They said, they don't have any new or spare lens sets anymore. That was in 2016...
It was definitley stated in the press release prior to the release but I suppose Oakley had to convince potential buyers that they were getting some assurances for their outlay.
I would be happy to pay for a one off pair for mine....

Username Hidden said:
all due respect to the seller. This is a group of enthusiasts. Don’t shoot for the moon here. That’s what ebay is for and expect to pay 13 percent on top of your final sale.

You clearly haven’t done any research to post these prices.

New sets have sold around 8-10,000 here

Without box, used. Your in quite a different ball game

Steven and others, thank you for your thoughts.

These C Sixes are two of several hundred collectible items I'm selling off after years in storage. That's a lot of items to research, but I'm happy to do a certain amount of research on the larger ticket items. For example, when selling custom knives, Arizona Custom Knives (also in Florida, incidentally!) is known as the best place to look for comps. Candlepower Forums is where to find comps for custom flashlights. Yoyoexpert for yoyos.

For sunglasses, I just don't know as much about those collector communities because I bought these items not to collect but with the intent of using them. So in this case my research consisted of searching this forum and ebay. If there's a better place to look for pricing ideas, I would appreciate a pointer to it. But ultimately when selling collectibles you post a price that might be high (because you can only come down, never up) then listen to offers. In that spirit, I would be happy to discuss serious offers by PM.

R

Username Hidden said:
Steven and others, thank you for your thoughts.

These C Sixes are two of several hundred collectible items I'm selling off after years in storage. That's a lot of items to research, but I'm happy to do a certain amount of research on the larger ticket items. For example, when selling custom knives, Arizona Custom Knives (also in Florida, incidentally!) is known as the best place to look for comps. Candlepower Forums is where to find comps for custom flashlights. Yoyoexpert for yoyos.

For sunglasses, I just don't know as much about those collector communities because I bought these items not to collect but with the intent of using them. So in this case my research consisted of searching this forum and ebay. If there's a better place to look for pricing ideas, I would appreciate a pointer to it. But ultimately when selling collectibles you post a price that might be high (because you can only come down, never up) then listen to offers. In that spirit, I would be happy to discuss serious offers by PM.

R
I post up a ? What are my c six worth thread in the recent purchases section and I bet you will have a good idea by end of day… I think there is a value thread but I can’t find it and gotta get to work… hope that helps your research… listings on eBay can be super misleading and they don’t get auctioned much … wicked and Steven are both pros though so you go some pretty honest feed back here…

Username Hidden said:
It was definitley stated in the press release prior to the release but I suppose Oakley had to convince potential buyers that they were getting some assurances for their outlay.
I would be happy to pay for a one off pair for mine....
I'd ask @Chris A Hardaway when it comes to lenses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back