• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CAN I USE MY JULIET XMETAL FRAME FOR ASTIGMATISM?

x_lulu_defi

Oakley Beginner
Hi! I've been an oakley enthusiast since I was 16 years old, I'm 26 right now and got mild astigmatism.
I recently contacted two of my lens maker and denied to cut lens for me because xmetal frames are curvy designed for sunglasses and they told me that there would be a risk if I used them with prescription grade lens.

Currently my juliet and xmetal frames got no grade, blue lens anti radiation with transition. I use them everyday because I got a job which requires me 12-14 hours of screen time hence I put blue lens anti radiation on my juliet and xx since they are my most favorite.

Can I use my xmetal frames like juliet for astigmatism?

I have one rx frame which is Oakley wingspan sitting on a case but I do need an advice because I love my xmetals and I would love to rock them everyday than rx frames which makes me look old.
I'll be patiently waiting for some feedbacks I hope you can enlighten me!

cheers! wishing you all a good day!

307436884_1055086158470579_9207250257747023050_n.jpg

Hi @Chris A Hardaway I hope you can help me.
I can pay for consultation as I am very confused if juliet and other xmetals can be used for rx specifically for astigmatism.

I believe my grade would just be every low as I don't experience blurry vision and headaches yet

A person would need to see your rx to tell you if it's viable for frames like Juliet.
Astigmatism is very common overall. So as a general statement yes they can work for astigmatism. But to confirm need to set a script or perhaps have you type out what the sphere cylinder and axis values are.

Latest Posts

Back