• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cancel your PayPal accounts

Medusa50

I own Oakley
East Coast
Let me share with you my experience over the last several days. PayPal will never get another penny of my money. Though I have been a responsible buyer and seller for many years there is nothing they can do to retain me as a customer.

I recently sold an item and after doing everything I could to ensure both buyer and seller were taken care of PayPal imposed a limitation on my account without justification. The restriction prevented me from making withdrawals, moving funds or even paying for anything using PayPal.

As the seller I received a sum of money for which PayPal took their processing fee. They informed me the limitation on my account could be lifted by providing certain information. They wanted details of the sale, an invoice of where I originally purchased the item, a photo of my driver’s license and tracking and receipt confirmation from the buyer.

I provided the tracking info and details of the sale. Even after the package was delivered Paypal insisted my account would be in review for at least 3-5 days before I would even be informed of their decision. Then another 21 days before MY money would be released.

Several agents on their chat line informed me those were the rules and my money would not be released. Enter General Go **** Yourself. I asked politely for a supervisor. After talking to several flunkies including Jethro Jerome, Myra Jean, Arjay, Shovon , Soumya and Pedro I asked repeatedly for a supervisor. One of the ****s told be she was not refusing to provide a name even though she claimed she could not give me the supervisor’s name, **** head needs to go back to school and learn the definition of refusal.

After spending all day on the chat and getting the run around I had the limitation removed. The funds were transferred to my bank and I will be closing my account with Paypal. When I asked why they needed my license they said it was for security. Bullshit. I got my money and you didn’t get an image of my license. PayPal can suck my ****!

You’re free to do whatever you want. I will no longer sell anything using PayPal nor will I ever use them as a means of transferring funds for a purchase. I recommend you all reevaluate your decision to use them as well. They treated me like I was garbage. They gave me the run around and ignored me repeatedly.

**** off Paypal. I’m not the type of person to ever **** with...and it’s not over....

I too have been a PayPal member since late 90s or so. I’ve purchase and sold a boat, a car, and thousands of eBay items, Oakley items and various other items and never had an issue. Sorry you’ve had issue and that truly sucks for you. Hope you can get it worked out.

For the last year or so every time I log in to Paypal they want me to upload verification documents (DL etc.) for "account security." I've been able to just skip this each time. I wonder Medusa if they got tired of asking you and decided to hold your funds until you did? Either way it's a bunch of BS. Sorry man. Could we as OF users or mods ever be able to use Venmo here? It's free...

For the last year or so every time I log in to Paypal they want me to upload verification documents (DL etc.) for "account security." I've been able to just skip this each time. I wonder Medusa if they got tired of asking you and decided to hold your funds until you did? Either way it's a bunch of BS. Sorry man. Could we as OF users or mods ever be able to use Venmo here? It's free...
you can use whatever you want. bitcoin, EOS, venmo cash app. no rules to a private transaction

That really sucks. Glad you got access to your funds, eventually.

Anyways there is a new development for ebay sellers; Ebay will manage payments for most sellers by the end of 2020. It would at least lessen (or eliminate) the dependence on Paypal as a merchant account for ebay sellers.

I was briefed about this by an ebay concierge agent a couple of years ago, so I’m glad to see this materialize.

As stated I did not yield to their demands. Nobody tells me what I am going to do.

Latest Posts

Back