• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Carbon blue ichiro Juliet

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
@JoelBO im getting my second pair of carbon blue, let’s talk and close this deal.:spiteful:

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Isn’t this just price negotiation? Or is price set when a person is looking for a specific item?
I put out a more general “buying” ad awhile back and negotiated a deal. When a person is looking for such a specific item, is price not as negotiable? Just curious as the prices seem relatively close. (Almost within 11%, I believe)
Hope you can make a deal that will work for both...
Thanks
I agree with you buddy, hope to work things out for just a 200$ dollar difference..come on @JoelBO make me an offer I will not refuse.:spiteful:

Agreed, these come along rarely so make a deal when you can. It’s a great combo.

I still can’t believe how expensive this particular Ichiro is just because of the Ichiro serial on a plain juliet carbon frame. Really easily cloned.

Now the Polished Carbon Ichiro on the other hand.....

Username Hidden said:
I still can’t believe how expensive this particular Ichiro is just because of the Ichiro serial on a plain juliet carbon frame. Really easily cloned.

Now the Polished Carbon Ichiro on the other hand.....
Not when serialised. It's a matter of having the real thing with serial matched box and unit I suppose.

And they were more produced than Polished Carbon! It’s like the WBC.. straight X-Metal finish with black rubbers

Username Hidden said:
Not when serialised. It's a matter of having the real thing with serial matched box and unit I suppose.

No I get it about the complete matching set. But come on....$1800????

That’s more than a 24k Xs or Juliet set. And those are precious metals!

In all seriousness most of the Ichiro lineup are clonable. But given the specific serials and exclusive matching boxes, I can understand inflated values, but the Ichiro carbon blue is a severe outlier in value and I just don’t get it.

Username Hidden said:
No I get it about the complete matching set. But come on....$1800????

That’s more than a 24k Xs or Juliet set. And those are precious metals!

In all seriousness most of the Ichiro lineup are clonable. But given the specific serials and exclusive matching boxes, I can understand inflated values, but the Ichiro carbon blue is a severe outlier in value and I just don’t get it.
The Ichiro carbon Blue is a seriously rare piece compared to the 24K Juliet's and XS. I see more 24K's XS and Juliet for sale than Ichiro carbon blue for sale. When was the last time you saw an Ichiro carbon Blue for sale complete????? That's why they hold their price.

2 months ago.. last set was sold $1300 by @stevepc74

Sold - Carbon/Blue Juliet Ichiro - Complete & Matching

Unfortunately Ichiro line up went down recently if you take the Polished Carbon Ichiro for example went from $1200 to $1000 and now $800

It’s like most Romeo also but it’s only a matter of time till they bounce back

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
The Ichiro carbon Blue is a seriously rare piece compared to the 24K Juliet's and XS. I see more 24K's XS and Juliet for sale than Ichiro carbon blue for sale. When was the last time you saw an Ichiro carbon Blue for sale complete????? That's why they hold their price.

Ok yes I agree we don’t see these come up often. But my premise was on the “common” attributes....carbon frame, Ichiro blue lenses etc. there’s nothing terribly distinctive about the set other than the fact that they don’t turn often.

Case in point even the JBR has a brown finish on the frame that makes it exclusive