• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon/Blue Ichiro

It will definitely get high, but will he do what he has done on several listings and then re list it if it doesn’t get close to what he wants for it
If an item I have listed for sale has not sold then I am free to re-list it. If there is insufficient interest at the prices I have set then the pieces wont sell. The main pull is the condition of the 1000+ Oakley glasses I have sold. I have never seen any other collector/seller offer such consistently perfect pieces, other than Joseph Smith. For premium condition values will be higher, this applies to all types of collectable items.

Kinda wondered about how he was gonna do that since it had no reserve. Technically it sells for what it’s bid up to. I guess after the sale he can just cancel the order and claim it was damaged or something.
If an item sells and is paid for then the customer will get the item. I would not "cancel the order and claim it was damaged or something" in order to try and eventually raise more money. Integrity and honesty have a far greater value than a few extra pounds.

or he shill bids it up and wins
No, I have dealt with RVF on many occasions, he is a fair, and very much a straight shooter. I get the EBay choice, and if he wants to pull them because they are not generating what he expects, I get that also. GLWS RVF🍀, I hope you get what you want for all pairs you are offereing.

It's not really market when you're potentially shilling the bid...

No one has proof, so it's not an acccurate assessment of "market"...
My comment was based on the aforementioned comment of people buying and flipping for 3x-5x times price. Auctions typically are very reflective of market value where as fixed prices ONLY work if the item’s “MARKET” value is that or close.
If an item sells and is paid for then the customer will get the item. I would not "cancel the order and claim it was damaged or something" in order to try and eventually raise more money. Integrity and honesty have a far greater value than a few extra pounds.
My point was based purely on this statement

“The start bid is set low however this will not leave my possession unless the winning bid matches the extreme rarity and nature of the presentation here of one the top most desirable sunglasses from the Oakley archive.”

To me that reads if the high bID doesmt meet my valuation of this pair then I will not sell it. Since the auction has no reserve, it’s selling for whatever it’s bid to. If it ended now, you’d be obligated to let them got for approximately 1500 USD. If I’m reading this wrong feel free to correct me however it SEEMS pretty clearly explained. I’m guessing you expect more then 1500 USD for em but if it ended tonight that’s what you’d be obligated to sell them for UNLESS you cancel the sale.

If an item I have listed for sale has not sold then I am free to re-list it. If there is insufficient interest at the prices I have set then the pieces wont sell. The main pull is the condition of the 1000+ Oakley glasses I have sold. I have never seen any other collector/seller offer such consistently perfect pieces, other than Joseph Smith. For premium condition values will be higher, this applies to all types of collectable items.
Anton has some pretty sweet goodies. I would say FearGear, Ash, Shill Bidder, and Anton have the most premium of goodies that I am aware of.

My comment was based on the aforementioned comment of people buying and flipping for 3x-5x times price. Auctions typically are very reflective of market value where as fixed prices ONLY work if the item’s “MARKET” value is that or close.

My point was based purely on this statement

“The start bid is set low however this will not leave my possession unless the winning bid matches the extreme rarity and nature of the presentation here of one the top most desirable sunglasses from the Oakley archive.”

To me that reads if the high bID doesmt meet my valuation of this pair then I will not sell it. Since the auction has no reserve, it’s selling for whatever it’s bid to. If it ended now, you’d be obligated to let them got for approximately 1500 USD. If I’m reading this wrong feel free to correct me however it SEEMS pretty clearly explained. I’m guessing you expect more then 1500 USD for em but if it ended tonight that’s what you’d be obligated to sell them for UNLESS you cancel the sale.
I can see how comments I made in the listing can be open to misinterpretation. The start price being set low at £995 was relative to this pair, probably, anyone could sell several mint/complete serial matching pairs of this at that price and would consider it a bargain. If the highest bid had been that amount I would have honoured that sale, however I was confident the bids would go much higher, and my anticipation of that has so far proved correct as the bidding stands at £1320. Where I stated "...this will not leave my possession unless the winning bid matches the extreme rarity and nature of the presentation here of one of the top most desirable sunglasses from the Oakley archive", and set the start price at £995, I am implying I am not open to offers for less, this hopefully alleviates ebay members asking if I would sell for a reduced price prior to the auction expiry to achieve a quick sale with funds being paid sooner. In any respect, from £995 to £1320 the offer is substantially higher than the minimum target, so there is no reason to believe I would cancel the sale if the current bid wins.

I can see how comments I made in the listing can be open to misinterpretation. The start price being set low at £995 was relative to this pair, probably, anyone could sell several mint/complete serial matching pairs of this at that price and would consider it a bargain. If the highest bid had been that amount I would have honoured that sale, however I was confident the bids would go much higher, and my anticipation of that has so far proved correct as the bidding stands at £1320. Where I stated "...this will not leave my possession unless the winning bid matches the extreme rarity and nature of the presentation here of one of the top most desirable sunglasses from the Oakley archive", and set the start price at £995, I am implying I am not open to offers for less, this hopefully alleviates ebay members asking if I would sell for a reduced price prior to the auction expiry to achieve a quick sale with funds being paid sooner. In any respect, from £995 to £1320 the offer is substantially higher than the minimum target, so there is no reason to believe I would cancel the sale if the current bid wins.
Fair enough. I retract my statement. I’d expect at least 2k USD given the last two pairs sold for more then that and only one was as nice as yours. I’d bet a couple are sitting in the wings waiting til the last minute. I’ll be blown away if the bidding doesn’t hit that.

Fair enough. I retract my statement. I’d expect at least 2k USD given the last two pairs sold for more then that and only one was as nice as yours. I’d bet a couple are sitting in the wings waiting til the last minute. I’ll be blown away if the bidding doesn’t hit that.
That sounds about right for valuation but also remember this time of year is buyers' time. When collectors go a little crazy because the sun is out and they (I AM) are running low on funds.

minimum $1700 I say even with the time of year.

Back