• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon/Blue Ichiro

Greed. It’s a shame since he supposed be one of the more respected forum members.
I don't get this statement, he decided to put it up on auction and get a true market value on his sale. That isn't greed at all, he is actually doing all of us that own a pair a favor by showing us what the true market value is. I don't know of RVF ever playing the shill game, I've always had good experiences with him and respect his pricing because the guys always been spot on with his product knowledge. If you have proof of dishonest auction practices then please by all means share, if not then respect the guys willingness to put it on auction to begin with. Greed is buying for $200 today, then putting it up on BIN for $600-1000 (3x to 5x value) relatively quickly to pimp other collectors. There are such people in our midst, hell some make a living doing it. And people ask why I wasn't active here for so long, lol... I'm a collector and RVF is the same, props to him for having the willpower not to wear these beauties for all the years he's owned them and now allowing someone else a rare opportunity to own a pristine example as well.

I don't get this statement, he decided to put it up on auction and get a true market value on his sale. That isn't greed at all, he is actually doing all of us that own a pair a favor by showing us what the true market value is. I don't know of RVF ever playing the shill game, I've always had good experiences with him and respect his pricing because the guys always been spot on with his product knowledge. If you have proof of dishonest auction practices then please by all means share, if not then respect the guys willingness to put it on auction to begin with. Greed is buying for $200 today, then putting it up on BIN for $600-1000 (3x to 5x value) relatively quickly to pimp other collectors. There are such people in our midst, hell some make a living doing it. And people ask why I wasn't active here for so long, lol... I'm a collector and RVF is the same, props to him for having the willpower not to wear these beauties for all the years he's owned them and now allowing someone else a rare opportunity to own a pristine example as well.
I never said he was dishonest nor played shell game.

I personally don’t see how finding a pair for 200 and selling em for 600-1000 is greed either. The market is what the market is. If they are worth it they sell if not they don’t. I’m supposed to be mad at someone else’s good luck? Don’t make sense either. That being said. I agree, it possibly showed the very few of us what the market currently is for a pair that RARELY sells. Let alone sells matching mint and public.

Just out of interest, say a pair sells for xxxx amount. Has sat happily with the seller for years, then gets sent to the new owner whose stoked to get a pair. Happily displays in a cabinet for 6months then checks them and their delaminating possibly due to different surroundings….. hows that affect the value?
I mean , is it to much risk against value?

I personally don’t see how finding a pair for 200 and selling em for 600-1000 is greed either. The market is what the market is. If they are worth it they sell if not they don’t. I’m supposed to be mad at someone else’s good luck? Don’t make sense either. That being said. I agree, it possibly showed the very few of us what the market currently is for a pair that RARELY sells. Let alone sells matching mint and public.
It's not really market when you're potentially shilling the bid...

No one has proof, so it's not an acccurate assessment of "market"...

This is old crap “market” value is something an individual is willing to pay that’s about it. If you are willing to pay 4gs for my paper release jordan r1?? Then pm me…😅

Why doesn’t he sell on here anymore.
Here you have to state a price and cannot auction for the super desirable pairs. Ebay captures a wider customer base and with some auctions it becomes possible to gauge an approximate value. I find it easier to list on ebay with photos and so on, and can build a buyer/seller profile on there.

Back