• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon C-Six on eBay <*)))<

Looks the same as this one except beat up. Perhaps that plaque has a thin plastic coating on it that's peeling?
Btw I don't own this one I just got it for a friend so no need to message me to buy itView attachment 1002621View attachment 1002622
just curious since i've never seen prototypes come with a box, did the c six proto come with one? I've seen other prototypes but they never came with boxes

just curious since i've never seen prototypes come with a box, did the c six proto come with one? I've seen other prototypes but they never came with boxes

It was not a prototype in the traditional way we would think of a prototype...as in a step to the final product. This C6 prototype is the final product. They just put the word ‘prototype’ onto pairs for marketing purposes. Some to display in stores, some for reps to show off to accounts, some for show at special events such as the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Some reps got the full Elite series line in a special Pelican case to show off to accounts or special media events such as the ones we did in California, Florida and Montreal with prototype stamped in the Unobtainium.

It was not a prototype in the traditional way we would think of a prototype...as in a step to the final product. This C6 prototype is the final product. They just put the word ‘prototype’ onto pairs for marketing purposes. Some to display in stores, some for reps to show off to accounts, some for show at special events such as the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Some reps got the full Elite series line in a special Pelican case to show off to accounts or special media events such as the ones we did in California, Florida and Montreal with prototype stamped in the Unobtainium.
Did it also come with a box that said "prototype"?

Did it also come with a box that said "prototype"?

You mean the plaque? Yes most if the boxes were etched with prototype on the metal plaque, including most of the ones in the full Pelican kit. Some had no etching and was left blank but I forget why. No other markings on the boxes stating prototype that I can remember.

You mean the plaque? Yes most if the boxes were etched with prototype on the metal plaque, including most of the ones in the full Pelican kit. Some had no etching and was left blank but I forget why. No other markings on the boxes stating prototype that I can remember.
Thank you! Good to know this. But still the one being sold on facebook looks kinda off. Especially the plaque

It come in a pelican case in a box. Also in the case was a prototype aluminium c6 but that was just in an elite box same as pit boss. And a pit boss in a pit boss box