• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Madman with ruby lenses?

Tristan.66

I should Work at Oakley
got these as a birthday gift. absolutely love em. Super light weight and they get a lot of stares.

C82BC67C-5368-442C-9DF6-C0F4BFD00031.jpeg

wow. very nice! I think your lenses are more red/purple than mine. so maybe I have fire lenses actually...
also you're right about the the hinges! these frames feel really fragile because of them.
I had a madman with ruby lenses that look just like yours. Those are called frubies (fire/ruby) more orange than red and no purple hue. Ruby are very incosistent, if you get lucky you get the more sought after ruby like @Inkkoonce but if you're not then you'll end up with a fruby like me 😂

I had a madman with ruby lenses that look just like yours. Those are called frubies (fire/ruby) more orange than red and no purple hue. Ruby are very incosistent, if you get lucky you get the more sought after ruby like @Inkkoonce but if you're not then you'll end up with a fruby like me 😂
oh okay! I had thought fruby were the purple ones. but mine are also really orange too. damn.

wow. very nice! I think your lenses are more red/purple than mine. so maybe I have fire lenses actually...
also you're right about the the hinges! these frames feel really fragile because of them.
Some Rubies are Frubys though. When you look through the lenses which hue do you see? If a blue hue then you have Rubies.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get 😂

Some Rubies are Frubys though. When you look through the lenses which hue do you see? If a blue hue then you have Rubies.
Either way, frubies are stiĺl Ruby from the inside: they shouldn't be any other base colour than Blue. However, with the newer Prism and Ruby Polarized, that isn't the case any longer.

Back