• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Clear Split Jacket frame

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Unlikely that anyone is selling these, but what the heck, I'll put it out there!

The split jackets are real.

Perhaps @BigRabbit, @SouLFuLFroG, or @GRFMotorsports have one of these lying around or may have a pair stashed away (or 2 pairs, in the case of @"TRUMP", given that he's not a massive collector of these :rofl:)

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
I’ll better @cacatman’s offer by a 20-piece nugget. :p

Username Hidden said:
I’ll better @cacatman’s offer by a 20-piece nugget. :p
This is me hating your post a second time.

I got all silly excited when I saw a notification for my post, only to find that:-
1. It was a post that didn't promise to gift or even sell me one and
2. Not only did you not give me a lead, but you are trying to steal the pair that has my name on it!! You are SOO mean. You jolly well know that I can't out bid your 20 nugget offer because postal and custom costs from Jordan just make it unworkable.

P.S. I tell you what. I'm a nice guy. I'll make sure I tag you for the painted ones...

I win?! I haven’t won an auction in, like, a year!

Quick, send me PayPal info so I can pay. Don’t want any other sharks like @BoostBear to try an outbid me.

The split picture you have is the pair used in the mission impossible movie. Two were made, one of them destroyed in filming when it fell of a building. The other is in a guys collection around Chicago. He has a COA from Oakley stating it was 1 of 2. Ive got some more pictures of that pair around somewhere including the COA.

I know a while back someone was selling fakes on ebay but i haven't seen any in a while.

Be nice to me and i may be able to assist you 🌚

Betcha if you strip a BMX Chrome Jawbone, you'll end up with a clearish pair... SouLFuLFroG can likely elaborate on this.
A 'silver' Fast Jacket, stripped down to the clearish frame 🙃
IMG_1126.JPG

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
Betcha if you strip a BMX Chrome Jawbone, you'll end up with a clearish pair... SouLFuLFroG can likely elaborate on this.
A 'silver' Fast Jacket, stripped down to the clearish frame 🙃
View attachment 621756
Yes! I recall @SouLFuLFroG had a clear frame that was a little opaque. I thought it was "pre painted", but you've "cleared" it up for me now (pun intended). Thanks!!

And @TexxxZ, @Wavecloud and @mjt42, thanks for the heads up!!

Username Hidden said:
Yes! I recall @SouLFuLFroG had a clear frame that was a little opaque. I thought it was "pre painted", but you've "cleared" it up for me now (pun intended). Thanks!!
Besides acquiring the original example my only guess would be trying to replicating a pair of your own via 3D Scanning a frame and having a Clear example printed by a 3rd party company. Alternatively it might be possibly to cast a silicone mold for each piece of the frame and then use acrylic or nylon to get that crystal clear look. Neither option would be easy, but the later would likely be a lot less expensive.

I was thinking about the silicone mold approach on the way back from my son’s judo class. That’s how they did it in the gold jewelry industry. They still may. It’s been a long time since I was in that business.

A lot of the sharpness and fine details are lost, though. I don’t think I’d be happy with the end result.

Back