• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Clear Split Jacket frame

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Let me say something I dont say very often. I dont have any of those.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Let me say something I dont say very often. I dont have any of those.
HA HA HA!!!

Username Hidden said:
The split picture you have is the pair used in the mission impossible movie. Two were made, one of them destroyed in filming when it fell of a building. The other is in a guys collection around Chicago. He has a COA from Oakley stating it was 1 of 2. Ive got some more pictures of that pair around somewhere including the COA.

I know a while back someone was selling fakes on ebay but i haven't seen any in a while.
If someone wants to pursue grabbing a fake pair for $19 I found a Chinese Whatsapp seller with em lol
Could be a cheap solution on experimenting of possible clear custom paintjobs, or seeing if the jaws would fit a cleared bmx chrome pair 🤔
Clear Jawbone - OKJB-09 | 又拍图片管家
Clear Racing Jacket - OK9171-04 | 又拍图片管家
hTb85.jpg

Last edited:
That split is the Mission impossible pair. The person selling those is a close friend of mine. I can assure you there arent more than a couple left. His was the one worn in the movie which makes them even more desirable. I'm thinking 4k or higher.

This was a beater bmx jawbone. Its really not something that can be left clear. It is an opaque weird yellowish color. As clear frames make for better chrome finishes. The Shaun white goldbrook and the chrome frogs are all this opaque clear color frame underneath as well..

IMG_20180411_113347_729.jpg

I prefer this now with the 2 bmx beaters I stripped..

IMG_20181118_081513_263.jpg
IMG_20181118_081513_260.jpg
IMG_20180915_013908_659.jpg

Also some silver radarlock frames are clear under as well.

Username Hidden said:
That split is the Mission impossible pair. The person selling those is a close friend of mine. I can assure you there arent more than a couple left. His was the one worn in the movie which makes them even more desirable. I'm thinking 4k or higher.

This was a beater bmx jawbone. Its really not something that can be left clear. It is an opaque weird yellowish color. As clear frames make for better chrome finishes. The Shaun white goldbrook and the chrome frogs are all this opaque clear color frame underneath as well..

View attachment 642008

I prefer this now with the 2 bmx beaters I stripped..

View attachment 642010View attachment 642011View attachment 642012
It's a shame they weren't crystal clear under the coating, since I'd always wanted a pair painted to match the marine fade frogs which are only painted from the back. Yet with that milky white clear I doubt that idea would work, or come out anywhere as epic as your color fade creations 😍

Get the man his darned glasses. He is a newbie

Username Hidden said:
Get the man his darned glasses. He is a newbie
Anyone got a dewbie?

bump

Back