• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Compatible Rubbers, Lenses & Icons Between Models

I don't think so in the way you worded this. What do you mean?
I mean exactly what you understood from my post. A Twoface lens is compatible with a Drop Point frame, it pops snugly into a DP frame, with very minor, almost unnoticeable gaps near the nose bridge. However the opposite isn't true, a DP lens won't fit a Twoface frame.

Last edited:
I mean exactly what you understood from my post. A Twoface lens is compatible with a Drop Point frame, it pops snugly into a DP frame, with very minor, almost unnoticeable gaps near the nose bridge. However the opposite isn't true, a DP lens won't fit a Twoface frame.
Wow I didn't realize it was close.

The drop point is 61mm wide, so as you mentioned a two face lens (60mm) will leave a gap. Also drop point is toric, and two face is 6 base curve. So they aren't exactly interchangeable.

But in a pinch I hired it could work? I wouldn't want the gaps personally. No offense. I still think you post may be helpful for some.

Last edited:
Wow I didn't realize it was close.

The drop point is 61mm wide, so as you mentioned a to face lenses will leave a gap. Also drop point is toric, and two face is 6 base curve. So they aren't exactly interchangeable.

But in a pinch I hired it could work? I wouldn't want the gaps personally. No offense. I still think you post may be helpful for some.
+1 on the whole "gap" thing

Friends, Hatchet and Split Jacket have compatible icons, I just changed. Splice and Flak 2.0 too, all have the same size icons.

20200123_214806.png

Could you take a picture of the Twoface lenses in a drop point frame showing what (if any) gap, please?

Here you go! Almost indiscernible from a 1ft distance. Only noticed up close. But again. As Chris rightly pointed out, not everyone would be up to this hack. In my case, availability of lenses are a big hassle, lenses occasionally costing more than a new pair, so I can live with this break-fix arrangement temporarily.

20200124_090950.jpg

IMG_20200124_084935-1240.jpg

Latest Posts

Back